SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking to replace my current SUV and after looking at all the different makes and models have come to the conclusion that the XC90 is the one to get. It has the best luxury, space, gas mileage, conveniences, electronics, safety etc, etc for the money of all the different brands. And it looks nice. After having driven one and finding the local dealer not really interested in getting them I have decided that I don't need to pull the cord now and can wait. Reading a lot of the messages here I realize there are a lot or sporadic problems that people are dealing with and are waiting for Volvo to make improvements in coming months. This is not unusual for a new model. Since I plan to hold off awhile and am going to need to factory order anyway I am thinking of waiting until the 2017 release. Many of the fixes and improvements should be incorporated by then. So my question is when will the 2017 model be released and when would one be able to place the order. Volvo must have a history of model release dates so would appreciate any input. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Volvo's release dates have not been as consistent as 5 or 10 years ago...hence the 15.5 model years, extra long model year runs, etc...... However I doubt there will really be too many changes for '17, probably some additions like the power steering wheel, maybe night vision, etc....things mention and promised but not available at launch. Most of the "improvements" are running changes on the assembly line. They are not holding off to "fix" problems until the next model year. See they have over sold the '16 model year, exactly when they switch to '17 isn't really a sure thing right now, and I would guess there will continue to be a very long line to get them.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
We are quite away from MY17 XC90s.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I do not think there will be many changes to the 2017 car. If you are waiting for fixes to bugs then you can order one and it will be built after the November 2015 update. I have ordered one at the end of July and will be built the last week of November.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
I would guess June-ish, isn't that the "typical" factory changeover for MY? Changes to expect would be some colors added, maybe 1 or 2 dropped, maybe some interior trim changes.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I've seen an August date thrown around, but nothing definite. I've seen no announcements in regards to model year changes.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
A very reasonable plan. Worth waiting for seat massage and other fine tuning. I ordered now while I still have a little trade equity in my current vehicle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A very reasonable plan. Worth waiting for seat massage and other fine tuning. I ordered now while I still have a little trade equity in my current vehicle.
That would be nice if massage seats were really coming in 2017. I'd like to know where you read that one.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
That would be nice if massage seats were really coming in 2017. I'd like to know where you read that one.
+1

Curious if it's also on R-Design??

·
Registered
541 Posts
I would put some money down for the MY17 getting a power third row

·
Registered
19 Posts
Codespanker - are you referring to seat massagers? Seat massagers will be an option in the near future?

I don't care about a power third row, but seat massagers would be awesome!

Please let us know. My order is scheduled to arrive by Oct. 18, but would kick myself if seat massagers were just around the corner

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I bet you are 6 months away from a 2017 XC90. Many manufacturers don't even have 2016s on lots yet, at least not in any volume. Look at when Volvo typically introduces new model years, it's not going to be any time soon for North America. This will likely be like when the 850 was discontinued and the S70 introduced....1997 850s was super short, and then 1998 S70s were sold for 18 months. The 2016 XC90 will probably be an 18 month model year run. Options/changes will just be phased in along the model run.

·
Registered
130 Posts
From my previous post. VNA hasnt commented

The United Kingdom configuration site for the XC90 has an option called "Front seat Backrest Massage (wk46) " for 750 pounds sterling.

Anyone heard of this option, and will it be available in the US?

Also looks like there is an updated UK pricelist with this listed as an option and Apple Car Play confirmed as coming in a Q4 2015 software update

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...-pricelist.pdf

Looks like its listed in the owners manual:

http://support.volvocars.com/uk/cars...a801513541bb84

1 - 18 of 18 Posts