SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen that a couple people on here have orders in for a 2017 XC90. I am wondering what are the differences, and if anyone has a specification guide. Also, does anyone know when the factory switches from 2016 to 2017?

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
No pricing info yet. I was speaking with a dealer and they still have no idea what if any changes will be made for 2017. They are already starting to take orders and I was told should start arriving around end of summer or October (that's for a T8). But I have a feeling will probably be little later lol We will be placing order soon for 2017 as all T8's are sold out for 2016.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
pretty sure at this point the only changes we all know about is that all of the vehicles will come with the latest software updates and hopefully a hardware revision for the leaking roof.
Where did those threads go for those problems?

·
Registered
344 Posts
So orders taken, but no clue as to what the vehicle is going to have. Interesting. If the summer date is true then dealers who have inputted their orders to the factory should have some documentation as to what their orders will look like for the customer. They usually get SOP and EOP for each MY and also build options at least 6 months in advance.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone know if the animal detection will be included in 2017 or will be a later add on. We have a lot of deer where we live, and it would be nice to have especially with the kids in the car and the wife driving.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I chatted with Overseas Delivery today to see when 2017 XC90 pricing would be available and was told mid to late February. I would imagine more details on the 2017 model would surface around the same time.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I chatted with Overseas Delivery today to see when 2017 XC90 pricing would be available and was told mid to late February. I would imagine more details on the 2017 model would surface around the same time.
I can't wait to have a look at the MY17 order-guide..:eek:

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
pretty sure at this point the only changes we all know about is that all of the vehicles will come with the latest software updates and hopefully a hardware revision for the leaking roof.
Given that my sunroof leaked with our 2012 S60, don't get your hopes up. To this day I'm still shocked by what the dealer/manufacturer considers within spec and how they check for it.

By the way there might be some internal revisions that won't be made public. According to the IIHS for example, on the 2016 Acura TLX, the front door hinge pillar was reinforced. The ZF 9HP seems to have been updated as well. Officially according to Acura, no changes were made. I find that manufacturers seem to like making these internal revisions and not releasing them to the public.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
So orders taken, but no clue as to what the vehicle is going to have. Interesting. If the summer date is true then dealers who have inputted their orders to the factory should have some documentation as to what their orders will look like for the customer. They usually get SOP and EOP for each MY and also build options at least 6 months in advance.
If someone is taking orders on MY17s, they are on their own. The system is still taking orders on MY16s, as we are ways off from any MY17s even appearing on the horizon (with regards to arriving at the retailers)...

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
If someone is taking orders on MY17s, they are on their own. The system is still taking orders on MY16s, as we are ways off from any MY17s even appearing on the horizon (with regards to arriving at the retailers)...
I was told by 2 local dealers that all 2016 T8's are sold out at least here in Canada & you're not able to place orders anymore. Yes it's still early for 2017 but what else can you order if not 2017 :D Whether it's an "actual" order or just placing your name & being one of the first in line for a T8, so be it :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
I was told by 2 local dealers that all 2016 T8's are sold out at least here in Canada & you're not able to place orders anymore. Yes it's still early for 2017 but what else can you order if not 2017 :D Whether it's an "actual" order or just placing your name & being one of the first in line for a T8, so be it :)
My dealer mentioned this too. All T8s are sold out and no more orders will be taken for 2016 in Ontario.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Again, not sure of what is happening in Canada. My statement had to do with what is taking place in the U.S.

·
Registered
543 Posts
The 2017 models will come with 2 USB ports in the glovebox. I think this will also be included in 2016 models built in March onwards.

If I had to guess, the MY 2017 will also have the updated stay safety with large animal detection and pilot assist 2.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'd imagine MY17 would include the power adjustable steering wheel and power third row seats that were supposed to be standard on the 2016 but never materialized.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I'd imagine MY17 would include the power adjustable steering wheel and power third row seats that were supposed to be standard on the 2016 but never happened.
I don't think power adjustable steering wheel will happen for 2017 :-(

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
My dealer mentioned this too. All T8s are sold out and no more orders will be taken for 2016 in Ontario.
We just placed our order earlier today, so excited :D Now let the waiting game begin lol

Curious, when did you place your order? And will it be a 2016 still?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts