SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone know the Volvo OEM or McGard wheel lock part number that will fit the 2016 XC90.
I have the 19" wheels on Momentum.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The mcgard.com website includes 2016 XC90 in its vehicle selector guide. Check it out. Part number is 27000.

In UK the vehicle comes with OEM locking nuts as standard. I assume this is the same in US?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I may wait to confirm if my vehicle has the locks on there as standard before I order them.
2 more months before it arrives.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've had wheel locks on several of our vehicles. Always wondered what would happen if I lost the special adapter? There must be some way to remove the lock, but how?

·
Registered
300 Posts
When you loose your special adaptor there are two options:

1) When buying the set you get a registration card. Not every manufacturer of locks does this but if they do this means you can contact them to buy an adaptor that fits your locks.

2) Brute force. Drilling out the lock or welding to it will allow you to remove it. These locks aren't some magical anti steal device, they just hinder easy removal of the wheel and deter small time criminals.

Anyone that considers buying the OEM Volvo locks should take a look at their quality first. They didn't have top of the line stuff in the past and there were problems with locks seizing or breaking during removal. McGard did produce them for Volvo, don't know if this is still the case for the XC90 II.

·
Registered
206 Posts
{ Blockpartie } Thanks for the info. I can't ever recall getting a registration card with my wheel locks which were always manufacturer option for me. The welding trick you mention sounds brilliantly simple. Also agree with you that there is a difference quality wise depending on who makes them.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Would anyone know the Volvo OEM or McGard wheel lock part number that will fit the 2016 XC90.
I have the 19" wheels on Momentum.
I may be in the minority but wheel locks usually only screw over the driver of the vehicle not a would be thief. I never install wheel locks and if the vehicle comes with them I remove them.

When you loose your special adaptor there are two options:
option 3:

you go one size down and hammer the socket onto the lock. i have done this countless times for stranded friends.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The type of wheel locks that mcguard sells are outdated technology, even amateur teenagers can bypass these locks with a simple tool like this one
http://www.walmart.com/ip/25525673?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222228017922742&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=51777752111&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=83191958231&veh=sem
Save your money. There is another option that has a "slip" cover mage by gorilla that's better but they still do not show the size to use for the xc90 yet
http://www.gorilla-auto.com/gorilla-guard-locks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts