SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm almost at 6 years with my never-buy-a-first-model-year-of-a-big-redesign XC90 and it's become a money pit of late.

The latest today: drove the car all around town this morning. Get in the car in the afternoon and the screens don't light up and the car won't start. All the other battery functions work fine, but I noticed the brake felt a little stiff/weird when I press it to start the car.

Any ideas at all? The tow will cost a fortune and my gut tells me this is either really small (a fuse of some sort) or REALLY big (a new computer or something like that.

Thanks in advance for any advice...

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
Dead battery? Try kump start anyways. Did it crank or make any noise when try starting?

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can the battery be strong enough to operate the doors/windows/seats but not to turn the screens on or start the car?

·
Registered
8,240 Posts
Can the battery be strong enough to operate the doors/windows/seats but not to turn the screens on or start the car?
My AGM battery lasted about 5 to 5.5 years. A weak battery can cause quite a few gremlins. I'd have the battery tested. Quick and easiest way to see if there's a bad cell. And of course far cheaper than throwing money at the car if the issue is something simple.

FYI: First Model Years are the pits. I got a 15.5 S60 that had TONS of gremlins. And then the oil consumption issue. Good thing I had a CPO, cause that car has also been a money pit! Piston / Rings / ECM / Thermostat were around $6k on their own. Plus other warranty work I've had done. Car works fine now, but took a while. I bet Volvo has $10-12k easy into my CPO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts