SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took delivery of our 2016 XC90 a few weeks back. All in all - very impressed and happy. However, there is stuff missing that is detailed in the manual and other behaviors that are not documented in the manual. For example,

1) Are the two remote key fobs programmable to Memory settings? I would like that my presets are automatically initiated when i use my keyfob opposed to my wifes key fob. I have constantly press the Memory button to retrieve my settings.
2) The car shuts off automatically sometimes when I open the drivers door. This is very convenient , however, I dont understand the triggers for this nor is it documented in the manual. Anyone know or figure this out?
3) The manual notes Driver Seat Egress/Ingress feature. This does not exist in any of the menus. Is there a plan for this?
4) Features that should be assigned to your Memory setting: Auto Start/Stop, Lane Assist, Drivers Mode, and more.

Just a few of random questions...

·
Registered
559 Posts
If you search for driver's profiles on this forum, you'll see plenty of discussion on these topics.

Basically, the drivers profile features has not been enabled yet. However on the official Volvo support forum, their staff have indicated it'll be made available via software upgrade in approx. May/June of next year when the S90 is released.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
^ What he said, lol. Google 'swedespeed driver profile xc90' and you'll probably get a ton of reading about it to keep you occupied as well.

·
Registered
92 Posts
From my experience, it is tied to your auto start and stop. If you have it enabled and you park your car, the car automatically shuts off when your speed is 0 after a few secs. Think about waiting at a traffic light and the car shuts off. Since the engine is off and the car is in park, the system thinks you are getting out of the car and it auto shuts everything off similar to you using the knob to turn off the car. It surprised me a couple of times and then I connected the dots to the auto start/stop. I typically turn auto start and stop off because my drive times are typically during rush hour, the car doesn't auto shut off when you change the gear to park. Where if I have it enabled and I change the gear to part, the auto stop kicks in and all you have to do is open the door and it turns everything off.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
great, thanks for those details. so if i put the car in park, it will keep the engine on.
No, if you leave it in drive and then press accelerator, the engine will fire back up. If you put it in park and auto start/stop kicks on and you open door, it thinks you're done and gone.
If you stay in gear but have auto brake on, the engine will fire back up when you engage the accelerator.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts