SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the headlight array that has Thor's Hammer (Momentum Plus and Inscription) there are 4 pairs of LED lights I cannot turn on that are below the handle of the hammer at the end opposite the hammer head. Above and below the staff next to the hammer head are the low light and bright light LEDs. The entire hammer is the DRL and the turn signal/emergency indicators.

I've looked in the owners manual and asked two service technicians and still have no idea what the four pairs of LED lights do. Am I missing something really simple?

Hopefully my description makes sense... I can't quite figure out how to post a picture.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
On the headlight array that has Thor's Hammer (Momentum Plus and Inscription) there are 4 pairs of LED lights I cannot turn on that are below the handle of the hammer at the end opposite the hammer head. Above and below the staff next to the hammer head are the low light and bright light LEDs. The entire hammer is the DRL and the turn signal/emergency indicators.

I've looked in the owners manual and asked two service technicians and still have no idea what the four pairs of LED lights do. Am I missing something really simple?

Hopefully my description makes sense... I can't quite figure out how to post a picture.
They could light up as the bending headlight when you make turns. Could also be the smart high beam that dim on the direction other cars coming to you, in EU but not US.

·
Registered
2021 Inscription Recharge - 2021 Silverado LTZ 6.2L
1,739 Posts
Something else to consider is that the high beams have two settings. One you can control manually that is bright, and one that is full auto only and is VERY bright.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some of the reflectors are only there to provide symmetry in the lamp & do not actually function.
Thanks to all who responded. Apparently Bracko is correct. We just escalated this to the Volvo team that oversees dealership service departments and the reply back was that these lamps do not have lights in them. They are blanks apparently in place for future technology. So for now, they are decorative and do not actually function.

The potential issue for Virginia customers is the required annual safety inspection. Technically, if a lamp is there and not turning on, the car can be failed. Since there is no technical information supporting the fact they are no lamps, customers may have a problem getting their car to pass inspection. But that's for the future. At least for now, the mystery is solved!

·
Registered
372 Posts
So I'd be curious if that feature (whatever it may be) can be added in after the fact since the headlights already have positions for it. Hmmm.....

·
Registered
372 Posts
While we are on the subject of headlights, in the U.S. version, what do the parking lights look like? I read in the manual that the Thor's Hammer is only lit up when lights are not on and in the U.S. we can actually control their on/off capability via the Sensus. I guess question is where the parking lights in the headlights - does the Thor's Hammer just turn Yellow when you turn the light stalk to "parking lights"?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would also like to ask a question on the headlights. I'm worried I will get boo'd and hissed at for this, but I didn't go with the Momentum Plus package and will not have the Thor's Hammer Headlights. My question is, can I somehow replace the headlights I have with the Thor's Hammer version after I get the vehicle???????

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
I would also like to ask a question on the headlights. I'm worried I will get boo'd and hissed at for this, but I didn't go with the Momentum Plus package and will not have the Thor's Hammer Headlights. My question is, can I somehow replace the headlights I have with the Thor's Hammer version after I get the vehicle???????
Need the wiring diagram to answer this. :(
If the non-Thor headlight has separate pin for day running light then it could be compatible with Thor wiring.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I don't know if you can add them, but I doubt it. Not to mention it is ALWAYS cheaper to have added it at the build date. It's what, ~1,200-1,900 for the lighting package? I would guess a single replacement LED headlamp will cost that much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts