SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2016 XC90 dash is separating from the plastic cover in front of driver. Does anyone have this issue? Just over 30k miles on the vehicle. I can deal with the separating, but white mesh is exposed between the dash and the plastic cover.

·
Registered
234 Posts
pictures?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had an issue where the seams around the front distance indicator housing was coming apart, exposing the foam underneath. I went to the dealer and they replaced it under warranty, no questions asked but it did required replacing the entire dash. They had the car for a week and when I got it back, the funny part was that the wood trim by the volume control knob was a slightly different shade than the rest of the car. I didn't really mind it and it did show that the entire dash was replaced. The materials were also plusher than the original dash so probably they knew of the quality issues and updated the materials after 2016.

TL/DR - go to the dealer and get your dash replaced. MY16 is known to have quality issues.

·
Registered
8,738 Posts
Should have got this done while in warranty. Volvo isn't going to help you. There was a TJ about this, volvo is aware they put too little glue on the leather dashes. I've heard now they go back with a vinyl look dash and not leather when they replace. I got an updated leather dash with more glue done under warranty.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts