SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just registered and this is my first post. I am stationed in Italy and Volvo Military Sales is offering the 2016 XC70 T5 with Platinum and Climate packages, Metallic Paint, and Park Assist F&R for $35,995 plus about a grand to ship to Italy or go do the factory delivery. Seems like a great deal and what might be the last year for this style, how does it compare to Stateside dealer prices?

This would be my first Volvo and I am pretty convinced to go pull the trigger this week.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Actually, they are way more than that in the States. If this is in US dollars, that's a great price. XC70 T5s with Platinum package are going for $49K in my area, with Premier's going for $44K.

http://www.volvoofnorwood.com/new-inventory/index.htm?year=2016&model=XC70&internetPrice=&normalBodyStyle=&engine=&normalDriveLine=&normalExteriorColor=&normalInteriorMaterial=&trim=T5+Platinum&saveFacetState=true&lastFacetInteracted=inventory-listing1-facet-anchor-trim-1

I wouldn't think twice at that price. What would shipping to Italy be? Might be worth a road trip to Sweden to pick it up.

And thank you for your service.

·
Registered
739 Posts
That's an awesome price (assuming it's all USD)!

The only feature I would ensure you get is the Xenon Headlights, not sure if that's part of the Platinum package or not, but the standard headlights are not awesome.

·
Registered
973 Posts
That's an awesome price (assuming it's all USD)!

The only feature I would ensure you get is the Xenon Headlights, not sure if that's part of the Platinum package or not, but the standard headlights are not awesome.
I believe Xenons are standard with Platinum Pkg on XC70.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Difficult to find a XC70 with all all all options... When you think you have it all it misses the moonroof. When you find the moonroof it misses the ventilated seats. Leather but not inscription leather. Adaptive cruise but no city safety. XENON is a must, I agree on that one. Any car out there with all the options available???

XC70 2011 D5

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Mine has just about all the options on it, but I couldn't tell you what "package" it is since I bought it used. Even with all the options and package titles, I think it may be missing some smaller options. I'm not a huge fan of the way Volvo structures their equipment packages and options, but they are far from the worst in the industry. Nissan and Honda have them beat by a long shot.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Hello, I just registered and this is my first post. I am stationed in Italy and Volvo Military Sales is offering the 2016 XC70 T5 with Platinum and Climate packages, Metallic Paint, and Park Assist F&R for $35,995 plus about a grand to ship to Italy or go do the factory delivery. Seems like a great deal and what might be the last year for this style, how does it compare to Stateside dealer prices?

This would be my first Volvo and I am pretty convinced to go pull the trigger this week.
Definitely go for it! We also purchased our first Volvo (XC90) while we were stationed at Aviano in 2004. It was great once we returned to the states since Volvo shipped back the XC90 and Uncle Sam shipped our other vehicle. In addition, since it was already a used vehicle, I didn't have to pay the hefty sales tax (depends on the state though).

I couldn't resist when we returned to the states this time from Okinawa, I paid a visit to the Volvo Military Sales and ordered our XC60. I've retired since so I guess the next time will just have to be a Factory Delivery and trip back to Europe for our next new Volvo but that will be a few years.

Congrats!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts