SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
Been away for a while since selling my C70. My wife has had three XC70 cars since 2001. Because they were discontinued in 2012 and she loves the car we bought a new one in 2012. That car was just totaled in a rear end accident. It had the digital panel. The car had 26K miles. Really pissed me off. No serious injury to my wife, though so that’s the good news.

I managed to find a pre owned XC70 from 2012 in the same color and interior which has only 14K miles for just a few bucks more than the insurance gave me. But this one has the analog dash. Is there a software load that would convert the display from analog to digital? Not a big deal but she asked. I’m sure she will get used to it. After all, she got used to the digital.

BTW, the young lady who ran into the back of my wife’s car was searching for her cell phone which she dropped on the floor of her car.

Rich G

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi guys
Been away for a while since selling my C70. My wife has had three XC70 cars since 2001. Because they were discontinued in 2016 and she loves the car we bought a new one in 2012. That car was just totaled in a rear end accident. It had the digital panel. The car had 26K miles. Really pissed me off. No serious injury to my wife, though so that’s the good news.

I managed to find a pre owned XC70 from 2012 in the same color and interior which has only 14K miles for just a few bucks more than the insurance gave me. But this one has the analog dash. Is there a software load that would convert the display from analog to digital? Not a big deal but she asked. I’m sure she will get used to it. After all, she got used to the digital.

BTW, the young lady who ran into the back of my wife’s car was searching for her cell phone which she dropped on the floor of her car.

Rich G
Sorry, I mean 2016 when I typed 2012.

Rich

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Digital displays don't show up until 2014. There are some retrofit options, but I never looked into it to far as I felt they were more expensive than it is worth to me.

I'm not crazy about the digital display. It's nice enough, but not light years ahead IMO.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
For MY2016 there were two versions of the dash gauge cluster: (1) multi-color digital, which I believe had at least three different themes, that the driver could select from, and (2) Electro-mechanical analog gauges, with a small white/black digital display in the center area of the speedometer. The information displayed in the small digital display could be changed within a set of options, but the analog electro-mechanical gauges stay in place (i.e. they are physical gauges, and not virtual ones that can be added or removed via software).

The base XC70 model came with the cluster I describe in (2) above. This base model also came with black cloth seats, no sunroof, and metal dash decorative trim. It may also lack a few other features that I can't remember right now.

The "Premier" and the "Platinum" packages, which most XC70's had, came with the multi-color digital virtual gauge cluster, leather seats, wood dash trim, sunroof, etc.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
delete delete delete

Rich

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Delete delete delete

Rich

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Ok.....I’m an idiot and YouTube is our friend. :)

What I wanted is available by scrolling through the display options using the left stalk. It was in “Elegance Mode” . Changing to “Performance mode” is what she wants. The other car was in that mode and I never explored other options.

I really did read the owners manual, both the paper one and the in car one.

Sorry for using up bandwidth on something I should have known.

Thanks for the replies

Rich

1 - 7 of 7 Posts