SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 XC60 with a little over 60k miles on it. Over the past three weeks every now and again while driving I get an engine overheating warning and the engine tempature raises until I pull over turn the car off and back on. It doesn't happen all the time, about once a week. I checked the coolant and noticed it was below the min line but after I opened the coolant lid it made a decompressing sound and the coolant start to raise back to above the min level. A obd2 scanner reads back zero errors. Any idea what it could be would be greatly appreciate? Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Stop driving it immediately before you really tear something up. You'll need to have someone scan the car with VIDA and see if electronic thermostat has stored a fault. Very common for that model year.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
I have a 2016 XC60 with a little over 60k miles on it. Over the past three weeks every now and again while driving I get an engine overheating warning and the engine tempature raises until I pull over turn the car off and back on. It doesn't happen all the time, about once a week. I checked the coolant and noticed it was below the min line but after I opened the coolant lid it made a decompressing sound and the coolant start to raise back to above the min level. A obd2 scanner reads back zero errors. Any idea what it could be would be greatly appreciate? Thanks in advanced.
If you have an extended warranty, take this to the dealer. Why risk burning up your engine? If no warranty, then take to an indy dealer. Were all maintenance done by Volvo? How long has your warranty been expired (if you didn't buy an extended). If you are relatively close you could always reach out to Volvo and see if there'd be any good will assistance in the event of a major failure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts