SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
It'll be interesting to see how the T5 sells in the US, compared to the T6 and T8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
About the same as the T8 and not even close to the T6.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
In my opinion - if someone wants and can afford such a car, few $$ less or more does not matter. This is not a budget car. And only FWD - it makes no sense for such a car I think ...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Makes sense to offer it, but I doubt dealers order many without AWD.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
In my opinion - if someone wants and can afford such a car, few $$ less or more does not matter. This is not a budget car. And only FWD - it makes no sense for such a car I think ...
bingo, winner here.........not a value proposition.

·
Registered
440 Posts
About the same as the T8 and not even close to the T6.
X2, just looking at tailgates on the first Gen's at stoplights in WNC very few are without the AWD badge.
I would imagine in the Southwest and CA regions where snow isn't an item the FWD T5 would sell better.

I know when we were looking for our 2014 on Autotrader those regions were much harder to find an AWD for sale.

Have fun shopping!

Mike

·
Registered
138 Posts
And only FWD - it makes no sense for such a car I think ...
As someone who lives in the SE of the US where the climate is relatively mild in the winter, I disagree. There is a market for the FWD version. Now, having said that, we recently received 7-8 inches of snow in Nashville (which was a very rare occurrence), so I was very happy to have the AWD T6.

I'm just stating -- just as I have in some of the "winter tire" threads on this site -- all is relative to your specific environment/climate needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
For occasionally snowy and icy area like my place, cheap snow chains on a FWD with smaller wheels is actually good enough. I don't feel need for AWD at all. Even the road to ski resort I go is bare and wet usually.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
269 Posts
I would closely consider it IF it was available with 3rd row. I live in an area with no snow and rain only in the winter (and typically not much of that outside of El Nino years). I need a 3rd row but can live without AWD. Any chance that will change, Grecian? Otherwise, I'm gonna wait it out and pick up a CPO model in a couple of years.

·
Registered
934 Posts
When I ordered my T6 in late December in Canada, the T5 showed up in their systems, but they were not able to order it at that time. I guess it will be available up here, but it will take a bit longer.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Is everything else about the T5 the same as the T6 other than the engine/drive train?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Doesn't look like there is a 3rd row option on the T5. AWD will still provide better traction in rain, so essentially make the car safer overall.

·
Registered
714 Posts
The T5 offer is an alternative to the front-wheel-drive Lexus RX, the # 1 selling luxury SUV in the US.

·
Registered
148 Posts
For occasionally snowy and icy area like my place, cheap snow chains on a FWD with smaller wheels is actually good enough. I don't feel need for AWD at all. Even the road to ski resort I go is bare and wet usually.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk
I also live in the PNW and have the opposite thoughts. I consider AWD to be a huge benefit in the constantly wet conditions that we have. As long as I live here, I won't buy a vehicle without it.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I also live in the PNW and have the opposite thoughts. I consider AWD to be a huge benefit in the constantly wet conditions that we have. As long as I live here, I won't buy a vehicle without it.
On the T5, all-wheel-drive is an option.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Dont knw where the t5 is FWD only, as all the sites rom Volvo to cars.com have a t5 awd model. Same trim levels including R, M, Inscription.

I think its a great alternative to the RX, but without a decent test drive its hard to say I`d consider the t5 engine offering. So far the one to the go far is the adequate t6 engine

1 - 20 of 21 Posts