SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I just picked up the 2016 V60RD and wanted to share a quick pic. I'll have more shots to follow soon. The Crystal White Pearl looks great in person, just in case anyone is on the fence with this color. Impressions coming in the next week or so, after I put a few more miles on it.

-AJ

·
Registered
45 Posts
Looking great but i might be a little biased, Welcome onboard

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase! Crystal White was my initial choice coming from Ice White, but my wife insisted on Passion Red or Rebel Blue. It is a great wagon and love every moment driving it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Congrats, and I too am biased to the color you went with!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Black is best

Two months in and loving it - assume you will too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After owning two black cars prior to this, I was ready to try something new. But I do love black. It's a shame they didn't offer rebel blue for 16...

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
After owning two black cars prior to this, I was ready to try something new. But I do love black. It's a shame they didn't offer rebel blue for 16...
Volvo does offer rebel blue, you just need to buy the 2016 Polestar edition. :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Beautiful! I got my 15.5 in July (Black), but I can honestly say that I wanted and wish I had ended up with white.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice car I just picked one up myself back in December. Just put a set of winter wheels on mine and tinted windows. It's same white as yours. It's nice color. Volvo has done a great job with this Vehicle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Unique Club

I also have a black 2015.5 V60 R-Design with a 3.0L Turbo - unlike all of the other new cars with their 2.0L Super Turbos. I split my time between Texas and New Mexico (summer). I've added a bike rack for my black Orbea Orca! Enjoying the drive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I also have a black 2015.5 V60 R-Design with a 3.0L Turbo - unlike all of the other new cars with their 2.0L Super Turbos. I split my time between Texas and New Mexico (summer). I've added a bike rack for my black Orbea Orca! Enjoying the drive.
Seeing that there's a possibility of Volvo moving away from the 6-cylinder altogether in their newest models, I'm glad I had the opportunity to purchase now. That's not to say their aren't advantages to having the smaller turbo/supercharged engine (weight savings, fuel efficiency). I just couldn't stand to wait another year or two not knowing how the new V60 would turn out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congrats and welcome! Very nice!!! I am biased though, I picked up a 15.5 Crystal White V60R this past July. I bought it with racks and mats. Pulled off the bumper and installed the hitch the next day. Camping with the family the day after that.

Best wagon I have ever owned. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Love that shot. Seeing Volvos in the wild :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Seeing that there's a possibility of Volvo moving away from the 6-cylinder altogether in their newest models, I'm glad I had the opportunity to purchase now. That's not to say their aren't advantages to having the smaller turbo/supercharged engine (weight savings, fuel efficiency). I just couldn't stand to wait another year or two not knowing how the new V60 would turn out.
It's not a possibility, it's already happened. The newest RD that are just hitting the dealer lots now have the 4 cylinders in them. The last 6 cylinders went off the line in November.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Congrats! Wagon looks awesome!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Just had the car in the snow up in VT this weekend and car was amazing. How can I post a pic of it??
Upload to an image host such as Flickr or Photobucket and cut and paste the provided IMG code or if on mobile download the tapatalk app.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congrats and welcome! Very nice!!! I am biased though, I picked up a 15.5 Crystal White V60R this past July. I bought it with racks and mats. Pulled off the bumper and installed the hitch the next day. Camping with the family the day after that.

Best wagon I have ever owned. You won't be disappointed.

Looks great! You might have convinced me to invest in some racks and storage for the longer trips. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts