SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think all of the v60s have this same ride height. The rear seems to sit just a little lower than the front and it just looks like a sag. My OCD hates it but if that's just how it was designed with no optimal way of fixing, so be it. That said, has anyone else noticed this and did they find a way to either lift the rear a tiny bit or lower the front?

·
Registered
168 Posts
It looks fine to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe it is because the wheel wells are not exactly the same between the front and rear?

·
Registered
375 Posts
I think all of the v60s have this same ride height. The rear seems to sit just a little lower than the front and it just looks like a sag. My OCD hates it but if that's just how it was designed with no optimal way of fixing, so be it. That said, has anyone else noticed this and did they find a way to either lift the rear a tiny bit or lower the front?
The car only artificially looks that way due to the rear fenders covering the wheels more than the front.
If you look at the car as a whole, it has a slight front leaning stance; I'm going to have to agree with mightar here, it looks fine.

·
Registered
14,004 Posts
I've noticed the same thing - exacerbated a bit by the aftermarket winter wheel package that I have on the car for several months of the year but it doesn't really bother me, I actually like it. I bought mine new and it's always been like that but to Venth's point its the rear wheels tucking into the fender a bit.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I think it is an optical illusion, as there is more space between the front tire and the wheel fender arch compared to the rear clearance so it appears that the rear is lower. BUT, then I went and measured from the ground to the wheel arch in the rear and then in the front...and the front is 3/4" higher! So maybe there is a little "sag" in the back. It does not really bother me, but know it might. Of course my garage floor may not be perfectly flat but I doubt it is off 3/4" (but who knows). The only way to be sure is to find a perfectly level base and measure it. I will not loose sleep of it. Wonder if the S60 is like this?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The rear definitely looks like it sags to me. I'm going with Oscar's tip and putting VST springs up front - many thanks for posting that. :)

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I’ve always hated the reverse rake look on the factory Polestar suspension. The car itself looks level but the front wheel gap appears greater than the rear. Optical illusion or not, it’s visible to most people who are fanatical about wheel fitment and how a car sits. It just doesn’t look proper to my eye, no matter how functional it is from an engineering standpoint. From an aesthetic standpoint, if you’re going to build a car around such striking and bold wheels, they need to be fitted perfectly otherwise the car misses the mark a little.

I’m glad Oscar II weighed in. I was going to mention his car on the VST front springs. It’s an expensive fix to a very minor problem, but to those of us who lose sleep over such things, it would be worth every penny.

I did something similar on my Saabaru 92x Aero with its slight reverse rake that drove me nuts. I added STI front springs to close up the wheel gap by just enough to look more level, or at least have the same amount of wheelgap front and rear, which was the real problem, aesthetically speaking. In that situation, the springs weren’t well matched to the rest of the suspension, changing the roll center a bit and making it more inclined to understeer, so I was able to compensate somewhat with adding a slightly stiffer STI rsb. In the case of the VST springs, the hope is that they were designed with sufficient R&D behind them to not detract from the stock P* handling, and might actually be an improvement. I believe Oscar II said he liked them a lot, even from a performance standpoint.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts