SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my 2016 V60 CC has the upper oil filter with the cap near the engine, I can’t seem to get enough leverage to loosen the cap and replace the filter. I am trying to post the pics and so far haven’t had much luck. I have the correct socket wrench with extension and even bought the flexible connector, yet it doesn’t budge. I was thinking perhaps I need to go straight down to the cap with the socket wrench. I’m not sure how to remove the air intake (if that’s what it’s called) directly above the area where the oil filter cap is located. Any suggestions would be great and or even pics or? Thanks in advance! Dave

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Get a larger ratchet. I use a 18in flex ratchet.

·
Registered
324 Posts
5 or 6 cylinder?

You probably need a swivel adapter or u joint to get to it, especially if it's a 5 cylinder. Use a long extension so your ratchet handle is actually above the intake. They are usually pretty tight.

·
Registered
389 Posts
i haven't needed a swivel on my XC60. That's been the relatively easy part. The fun bit is extracting the cover and element out from all of the obstacles while hot.

·
Registered
12,713 Posts
i haven't needed a swivel on my XC60. That's been the relatively easy part. The fun bit is extracting the cover and element out from all of the obstacles while hot.
One trick is to pop the headlight out to provide more room. Unhook the power steering reservoir and put it where the headlight was - plenty of room then.

On the six cylinder you get a straighter shot at the filter housing if you remove the engine cover.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts