SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone, I have the 2016 S60 T5 and at random times over the last month, it has switched into sport mode without me pushing the shifter to the left. I don't believe I am touching the paddles either. It happened twice on my way to work the other morning (my commute is 12 minutes). Has anyone experienced this or know if I am doing something I don't know I'm doing? Thanks!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Is the shifter moved to the left (without you moving it) or it is entering sport with the shifter still on the D side?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
In the P2 chassis Volvo's, it's pretty common for the shifter claws to break resulting in this symptom. I haven't heard of this problem on the P3 chassis cars before but I imagine there are similarities in their gearshift assemblies.

If I remember right, it was about 1 - 1.5 hrs labor + parts (perhaps $50 at most) for the job. To access the shifter assembly on a P3 is a little more labor intensive than the P2's so labor will probably be higher.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I don't believe I am touching the paddles either.
Using the shifter paddles won't (normally) activate Sport mode. It will let you manually change up or down, but the car will revert to automatic and stay in normal Drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts