SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post on Swedespeed... I just purchased a CPO 2016 S60 T5i. Great car, low miles, perfect for a a family of 4. It's my first ever Volvo and so far I am very impressed. I was hopeful that I could get a Polestar upgrade but when I ran the VIN, it came back as unavailable. I am looking for some HP gains and maybe a rear sway bar upgrade.

My question is this: Are there any upgrades (polestar, etc.) that work for the Inscription? It seems like there should be something out there. I have tried to look through old posts and I have found nothing specific to the Inscription model. I apologize if this is a repost.

Thanks in advance for any help or recommendations.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Since you likely have the same engine as the non-inscription models, I find it strange that nothing comes out of Polestar.
Maybe ask directly to your dealer ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I will call the dealer directly. When I was looking at the available cars that were eligible for the P* upgrade, only the Drive-E 4's were listed. There was nothing available for the 2.5L I5 that I have in my car.

·
Registered
723 Posts
We're in the same boat. My understanding is that P* upgrades aren't available for the 5-cyl which, in the US (N.America? beyond?), was coupled with the 6-speed AT and AWD. Were your car FWD or a 2017, you'd have the 4-cyl, 8-speed AT and P* upgrade options.

Should be no problem installing the rear anti-sway bar. Ours made a noticeable difference.

Great choice by the way. We'd love to have that extra 3" of back seat room in our V60.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I will call the dealer directly. When I was looking at the available cars that were eligible for the P* upgrade, only the Drive-E 4's were listed. There was nothing available for the 2.5L I5 that I have in my car.
Yea the P3 5cyl T5 motor never got the Polestar tune. You are limited to RICA tune or TDi Box.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Doesn't Hilton tune P3's? People love his tunes on other Volvo platforms.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The extra room in the back is what sold us. I love the look of the V60 CC. If it wasn't for the extra leg room, we would be driving one of those right now.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Doesn't Hilton tune P3's? People love his tunes on other Volvo platforms.
Yes try Viva. e-mail them as I don't think it's posted on their web site.

I have the Rica myself. Just did stage II a few days ago. Haven't driven car much to see what difference from stage I yet. Stage I was noticeable for sure!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts