SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove through the local dealer's lot this afternoon to look at a CPO Passion Red XC60 R-Design and stumbled across this XC90. I think the Passion Red is a little much for a vehicle this large, but I still find it a very attractive. Enjoy!

·
Registered
19 Posts
That is just a fine work of art! Passion Red was what I had last on a 2007 V8 Sport - still miss that V8.
The dealer looks familiar - Ken Pollock of Wilkes-Barre-Scranton - that's where I got my bursting blue R. AJ and Gino were great to deal with and they have a huge inventory of XC90's.

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
Beautiful!!! Passion Red looks amazing on Volvo wagons and SUVs!

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Definitely a nice departure from all the boring gray that surrounds that XC90 (sky, other cars, floor).

·
Registered
760 Posts
Just passing the batton

·
Registered
440 Posts
As as a first gen'er Passion Red XC90 owner all I can say is well done Volvo!

BTW, since our XC90 is actually my wife's you may believe it or not but she get's at least 1-2 compliments a week on the color and style of it, and that's on a 12+ year old design. She even came out of the bank to find another customer just standing and looking and commenting to himself what a great looking car. I say again well done Volvo.

Can't think of a better way to reach my 200th post. Great forum.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
That is just a fine work of art! Passion Red was what I had last on a 2007 V8 Sport - still miss that V8.
The dealer looks familiar - Ken Pollock of Wilkes-Barre-Scranton - that's where I got my bursting blue R. AJ and Gino were great to deal with and they have a huge inventory of XC90's.
Yep, I took the photos at Ken Pollock. I know AJ somewhat; he worked with my friend when she purchased both of her XC60s. He tried to talk me into a '16 XC60 last month when I brought my XC in for service.

While they are nice enough, I have to say that they they tend to overprice their vehicles. As an example, they are currently asking $31-$32K for two different 2013 XC60s with 30-35K miles. I paid $30.5K for my 2013 XC60 with 13K almost two years ago (April 2014).

In the Passion Red theme, I have my eye on this beauty now. I sat in it over the weekend and was put off by the running board things. The XC is low enough not to need running boards so my pants were filthy after just one test-sit. Are the running boards a standard part of the R-Design or were the optional? I think they look slick and would protect the body sides, but I don't think I'd want them.

http://www.kenpollockvolvo.com/cert...es-Barre-36687ed10a0e0ae827064cd4458c11a8.htm

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
I know what you mean about the running boards. They look good but are absolutely useless on a smaller CUV. More of a hassle than anything.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Just passing the batton
Hey! That first pic is my old "firetruck" :)

Definitely a fan of Passion Red ... here's the current Wifemobile:

·
Registered
760 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Great looking SUV. I've always loved Volvo's Passion Red and Saab's Laser Red - very similar colors.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Was this in PA by chance? I think my mom bought that exact car!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Was this in PA by chance? I think my mom bought that exact car!
Who are you addressing?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
852 Posts
The OP.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Bursting Blue... any pics that you can share please?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Air suspension?

I think it looks outstanding! I'm a bit biased though, as I have one too!

Nice 22s, but not my style.

Here's mine:

Looks awesome. I have a 2017 Bursting Blue with the same wheels on order. I like how low yours is to the ground. Do you have it lowered with air suspension?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts