SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered Extended Range & 2016 XC90 R-Design
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never used my luggage tie downs, but I heard one rattling and noticed one doesn't have a bolt or screen. Does anyone know which part or a suitable size general bolt and washer I can use. I've taken a picture of one of the other ones with the bolt/washer in place.
Automotive lighting Automotive mirror Personal luxury car Automotive tire Gas

·
Registered
800 Posts
Don't have the part number handy but the bolts are M6 x ~25/30mm. Nothing behind there to get hurt if it's too long.
You may not find them with an 8mm hex head in the hardware store and they do have self locking compound on them so if I remember can look up the Volvo PN tommorow.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Don't have the part number handy but the bolts are M6 x ~25/30mm. Nothing behind there to get hurt if it's too long.
You may not find them with an 8mm hex head in the hardware store and they do have self locking compound on them so if I remember can look up the Volvo PN tommorow.
Thanks. My local Lowes has an assortment of M6 bolts. I don’t really care about the head size. Thanks so much!!!

·
Registered
800 Posts
In case anyone needs to know the part number is..
30640966 M6 X 25MM SEMS screw (SEMS means it has a captive flat washer).

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In case anyone needs to know the part number is..
30640966 M6 X 25MM SEMS screw (SEMS means it has a captive flat washer).
Thanks, with this info I was able to manufacture my own suitable replacement from parts at Home Depot. I couldn't find an M6 washer that was wide enough, but a 3/16" by 1" is almost an identical match. The original part's hex head is 8mm, this one is 10mm, but other than that and the color, it's a perfect fit!

Road surface Font Asphalt Rectangle Wood

Original:
Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle door

New Home Depot part:
Automotive lighting Fixture Material property Motor vehicle Vehicle door

Automotive design Automotive exterior Grey Motor vehicle Automotive tire

1 - 5 of 5 Posts