SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a trip last week to Detroit to visit the auto show. I was able to see all the concept and new production vehicles in person (the Calgary auto show never has anything new).

I checked out Volvo's area and was able to actually sit in the S90. It's interior is basically the same as the XC90, and that's not a bad thing. The overall Volvo section was very disappointing however. There were two S90's and one XC90. No V60's, Polestars, S60 CC, XC60 etc! They had room for probably 6 or 8 vehicles and chose to bring 3!

·
Registered
2021 XC60 Inscription Denim Blue, T5, Prancing Moose, AWD, Climate,
1,843 Posts
I'll be going this weekend. I was hoping they'd have the Concept 26 display out.

But I'm going mainly to have the wife see the S90.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
The S60 CC was on the right side of the display behind the S90. The XC60 was over on the left.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Well Dang, was planning on flying up for the weekend to attend and had hopes of spending some time with a V60CC but now I'm not sure its worth my time. Why not bring your full range of vehicles for the public to see?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I sometimes think Volvo needs to hire a consultant that isn't from Sweden in order to fully integrate with other cultures. They miss the boat on a lot of things but think it's just everyone else that's a bit off...

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I'm fairly sure I read somewhere that Volvo of North America, meaning Canada and USA, pulled out from auto shows. I know here in Toronto, Volvo is usually represented by the dealerships in the GTA because Volvo of Canada is too cheap to attend the CIAS.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I took a trip last week to Detroit to visit the auto show. I was able to see all the concept and new production vehicles in person (the Calgary auto show never has anything new).

I checked out Volvo's area and was able to actually sit in the S90. It's interior is basically the same as the XC90, and that's not a bad thing. The overall Volvo section was very disappointing however. There were two S90's and one XC90. No V60's, Polestars, S60 CC, XC60 etc! They had room for probably 6 or 8 vehicles and chose to bring 3!
Lol.. thats a joke. They seriously couldn't bring some vehicles in from the local dealers? Hopefully Baltimore will do more with the 5,000 sq' they have for that show I usually attend in Feb.; they did a nice job last year. I'm sure DC will have at least a half dozen units to show after they dig out from the snow this weekend.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Lol. thats a joke. They seriously couldn't bring some vehicles in from the local dealers? Hopefully Baltimore will do more with the 5,000 sq' they have for that show I usually attend in Feb.; they did a nice job last year. I'm sure DC will have at least a half dozen units to show after they dig out from the snow this weekend.
Well, let's think tactically. They can't really show off S60s at the local dealers but they could have a Polestar in. I know I saw a Swedish Racing Green S60 driving in this area during the 2015 NAIAS although I didn't know enough about the P* at the time and could confirm if it was simply an R-Design or an actual P*.

I sure did like it sitting next to me though for the few seconds we were stopped at a light. If I wasn't on the phone, I'd have paid more attention to it. I was only precursorily looking at Volvo at the time and the one dealer I stopped at apparently didn't know what an S80 was.

A Polestar would really do well in Detroit at the NAIAS. This city loves fast cars and hot rodding.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
A Polestar would have been nice, but I doubt they'd want to pull attention away from the new 90 series vehicles. I would have expected one of the stretched Chinese S60's, a V60 CC and one of the thousands of XC60's sitting on dealer lots to fill up some floor space though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts