SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
So I had all my wheels checked for rim runout & tires roadforce balanced by my dealer. It was originally having a vibration (steering wheel & body) around 60+ mph. They said all checked out fine with the wheels and tires after fixing them. Now on my way home, there seems to be worse vibration (wheel & body) around 45+ mph!

My question is, does anyone know of any TJs for this issue? Or has anyone had the same issue? Mine is a 2016 T6 R-design, air suspension, & 22" wheels. I love this thing, but have a less than stellar outlook at the moment with it...

Please help, and thank you in advance.

·
Registered
898 Posts
+1 specially while breaking
All breaks, wheels and tires checked.

A OK condition.

air suspensions

2018 RD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Is tire tread still good? Rotate tires and see if vibration feel changes between front and bottom (rear). This could help to identify which wheel may need to check again.

If vibration while braking, it is usually rotor/pads.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi all,
So I had all my wheels checked for rim runout & tires roadforce balanced by my dealer. It was originally having a vibration (steering wheel & body) around 60+ mph. They said all checked out fine with the wheels and tires after fixing them. Now on my way home, there seems to be worse vibration (wheel & body) around 45+ mph!

My question is, does anyone know of any TJs for this issue? Or has anyone had the same issue? Mine is a 2016 T6 R-design, air suspension, & 22" wheels. I love this thing, but have a less than stellar outlook at the moment with it...

Please help, and thank you in advance.
What brand of tires are on the car?

·
Registered
443 Posts
I know the op said they were road force balanced by the dealer. I have heard that many times before and than they find the darn foam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just put General G-max AS-05 tires on it hoping it was the OEM tires being junk. The dealer admitted some rims were bent. Had them repaired (since it was not my fault) and gave me pictures of them all passing road force balance. It's not rotors, doesn't vibrate when slowing down only at 45+ now...

It seems like making everything straight with the wheels and tires magnified something else! Maybe the previous owner bent something suspension wise since the rims were jacked up or drive shafts are out of round?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Bummer, sounds like it's not the tires. I have not had good luck resolving vibration issues with tire places or dealerships unfortunately. Maybe try and find an independent shop that has Volvo experience.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
I just put General G-max AS-05 tires on it hoping it was the OEM tires being junk. The dealer admitted some rims were bent. Had them repaired (since it was not my fault) and gave me pictures of them all passing road force balance. It's not rotors, doesn't vibrate when slowing down only at 45+ now...

It seems like making everything straight with the wheels and tires magnified something else! Maybe the previous owner bent something suspension wise since the rims were jacked up or drive shafts are out of round?
Rotate the tires and does the vibration location change? This could help isolate if it is tire/wheel or not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts