SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched and found costs for older models but not for 2015 XC70 T6. Dealer is quoting me $780 for the Serpentine belt (belt, tensioner and idler pulley) and $715 for oil trap/breather box replacement. I can understand why the belt replacement is a little more involved/time consuming, but based on search results and videos the breather box replacement looks pretty straight forward.
Am I missing something?

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Yep. I payed $225 total for oil trap last year in NorCal. That price is absurd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks to both of you for the confirmation - guess I need to find a good independent shop!
Call them out on it, talk to the GM. They might offer you something for busting them. Odds are it isn't a dealer thing, it's a dishonest tech. If I tell my advisor a job pays 4 hours and it only pays 1, he sells it for 4- he doesn't know. We had a guy who would over sell labor hours. Key word there is had.

·
Registered
458 Posts
You can replace the oil trap yourself, but be sure to order the gasket with the FoMoCo part. The serpentine belt quote seems reasonable.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Thanks to both of you for the confirmation - guess I need to find a good independent shop!
Mine was done at a dealer. Niello Volvo in Sacramento. They did it same day while my wife was driving through. As you can imagine, the squealing noise really freaked her out but thanks to Swedespeed, I knew what it was immediately. Wish we lived closer because their service really impressed me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts