SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First-time poster :) This is also my first Volvo and my first ever car purchase:

I purchased a certified pre-owned 2015 XC60 T6 AWD in December 2018. It went out of bumper-to-bumper warranty in March 2019 but is under powertrain warranty until December 2019. In the 7 months that I have owned it I have had serious drivability issues like a driveline shudder. The check engine light came on, took it to Volvo dealer, they diagnosed and replaced the fuel pressure sensor. The drivability issues did not improve. Took it for a second opinion today and the mechanic said very little fluid came out of the transmission when he checked it and the fluid that did come out was very dark and burnt. He thought I needed a new transmission. I'm going to take it back to the dealer, but on the phone the tech basically thought this all sounded absurd and that the transmission is fine.

Any thoughts on if it does indeed sound like the transmission needs to be replaced? Is it normal that they would have missed this on the "Certified by Volvo" inspection? And again when they replaced the fuel pressure sensor?

Thanks for any advice!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts