SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a certified pre-owned 2015 XC60 T6 AWD in December 2018. It went out of bumper-to-bumper warranty in March 2019 but is under powertrain warranty until December 2019. In the 7 months that I have owned it I have had serious drivability issues like a driveline shudder. The check engine light came on, took it to Volvo dealer, they diagnosed and replaced the fuel pressure sensor. The drivability issues did not improve. Took it it to a mechanic that has worked on my family's cars in the past and he said very little fluid came out of the transmission when he checked it and the fluid that did come out was very dark and burnt. He was pretty confident I needed a new transmission.

Took it to my dealer and their tech just called and said they thought the transmission is fine and that a software update should fix the problem. They are running the update now.

Any experience with a similar issue? Seems odd it would just be a software update to me, but I'm not all that knowledgeable about cars in general.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just a thought. The software update could work, however changing Haldex AWD gear oil/filter and changing the transmission fluids every 40,000 miles is much advised. Independent Volvo repair reputable shops can change fluids,
The "Volvo users manual" lists the type to use:> Good luck!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Is your driveline shudder at certain speeds? Or is it all the time?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I’m wondering if you have a failing coil pack issue. That can cause some pretty violent bucking or misfires. It’s a pretty minor issue but it’ll feel like the end of the f’n world is happening. It may or may not come with a check engine light saying something to the effect of having misfires. Did anyone scan for codes, and if so, what came up?

Also it’s a good idea to replace (drain, rinse and refill, not a high pressure flush) your tranny fluid after 40 or 50k miles or so, whether that’s your issue or not. Volvo will balk and tell you it’s a “lifetime fluid” but have them do it anyway or find an indie Volvo shop equipped with VIDA and willing to do the proper procedure for filling and measuring the exact volume of fluid at the specified operating temperature. It’s more involved than just adding a specified amount of fluid, and the trans will perform like crap if they get it wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts