SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My XC stalls if you let it roll back on a hill any more than 3ft. Anyone else have the same issue. Will basically do it everytime with mine. Will take it to the dealer, but curious if it is a common problem.

Cheers,

·
Registered
659 Posts
My XC stalls if you let it roll back on a hill any more than 3ft. Anyone else have the same issue. Will basically do it everytime with mine. Will take it to the dealer, but curious if it is a common problem.

Cheers,
How are you rolling backwards on a hill? Did you perform the elusive manual swap?!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope, no manual just my steep driveway. In drive, take foot off brake and the car will start to roll back slowly, after about 3 feet of this the car stalls. Restart and can do it over and over again. It also turns over for longer then normal after restart so I assume some sort of cutoff?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Don't these transmissions have a gear lock designed for transmission safety at greater speeds? Perhaps another safety feature is what you are experiencing. Have you given your dealer a buzz to ask? Quick fix would be; more gas pedal!

Tappin' via Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nope, no manual just my steep driveway. In drive, take foot off brake and the car will start to roll back slowly, after about 3 feet of this the car stalls. Restart and can do it over and over again. It also turns over for longer then normal after restart so I assume some sort of cutoff?
Does your 2010 do the same exact thing?

Also, why are you letting the vehicle rollback 3ft?

·
Registered
660 Posts
My question is why are the 6 speeds rolling backward in drive (including ours)? Broken record alert: my 20 year old Astro (and both of our previous Volvo AT cars) doesn't/didn't do this.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does your 2010 do the same exact thing?

Also, why are you letting the vehicle rollback 3ft?
I don't have the 2010 any more. I should see if my S60 does it as well though.

I am having my road redone and rolled back to make room for a dump truck. No need to shift to reverse when you can just roll back. ;) Guess not.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts