SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2015 S60 T5 Platinum 2.5L
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded in my 08 xc70 3.2 the other day for a 2015 s60 T5 platinum with the sport package, and I was thinking about having the p* upgrade installed. I’m still a little upset that I missed out on a 13’ t6 r-design and want to put a little more pep into my 15’.

Has anyone installed this upgrade on their 15’ s60 T5? I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me as to the overall performance of the upgrade and what it cost, as well as where this upgrade can be done.

Is it true that only a handful of dealers can install this performance tune? Or is it something I can just have my local dealer (Bill Kids Volvo Cockeysville or Annapolis Volvo) install for me.

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
General consensus for average pricing is $1200, and only available through the dealer. I have a T6, so can't comment on the worthiness of doing it on the T5, but you are really only gaining torque, not HP. Others will chime in, for sure!

·
Registered
561 Posts
You should be able to find the increase on the Polestar or Volvo site for the increase.

My opinion for the tune on most models is that it is a verified increase in power/torque without a mpg penalty. In many cases you are also getting much more bang for the buck vs an air intake or similar bolt on performance parts that can run similar pricing but with dubious claims to any gains or what those gains might be.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You should be able to find the increase on the Polestar or Volvo site for the increase.

My opinion for the tune on most models is that it is a verified increase in power/torque without a mpg penalty. In many cases you are also getting much more bang for the buck vs an air intake or similar bolt on performance parts that can run similar pricing but with dubious claims to any gains or what those gains might be.
On the polestar site, there is no option to input an s60 T5 AWD model, the only AWD model you can select from is the T6, and all the other ones to select from are e-drive fwd. Does this imply that the polestar upgrade is unavailable for my s60 package?

·
Registered
561 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Isn’t polestar only available on the I6 and I4? The OP has an I5, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
436 Posts
I traded in my 08 xc70 3.2 the other day for a 2015 s60 T5 platinum with the sport package, and I was thinking about having the p* upgrade installed. I’m still a little upset that I missed out on a 13’ t6 r-design and want to put a little more pep into my 15’.

Has anyone installed this upgrade on their 15’ s60 T5? I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me as to the overall performance of the upgrade and what it cost, as well as where this upgrade can be done.

Is it true that only a handful of dealers can install this performance tune? Or is it something I can just have my local dealer (Bill Kids Volvo Cockeysville or Annapolis Volvo) install for me.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Hey my comrade. I’m in Columbia.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
189 Posts
My model is not a Drive-E i4 though, as I’m doing more research, it’s looking like there might not be a polestar upgrade for 5 cylinder engines, which seems a little odd to me.
Yea, that’s the way it is. No polestar for us I5 guys.

I think the C30 had a polestar option, but maybe it was a trim level and not a tune. Not really sure about that.

·
Registered
98 S70 Base, 06 S40 T5 M66 FWD, 08 C70 M66, 11 XC90 V8, 13 C70 P*
951 Posts
Yea, that’s the way it is. No polestar for us I5 guys.

I think the C30 had a polestar option, but maybe it was a trim level and not a tune. Not really sure about that.

No, there are Polestar tunes for the P1 (and other) T5 engines. The link above gives the available models/years. I see it available for a '15 S60 T5, but as noted above not with AWD until '17.

BD

'06 S40 M66 T5 FWD, '08 C70 M66 T5 Premier Plus, '11 XC90 V8 AWD, '13 C70 T5 Platinum P* ('94 854T, '05 S60 2.5T FWD, & '04 XC90 2.5T AWD R.I.P.)

·
Registered
561 Posts
Ahhh Volvo's naming scheme that made sense and then didn't (like most manufacturers)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks like I’ll just live with the performance the way it is for now, I suppose I’ll add some styling to the exterior. Maybe some moose badges LOL

·
Registered
561 Posts
Looks like I’ll just live with the performance the way it is for now, I suppose I’ll add some styling to the exterior. Maybe some moose badges LOL
Moose badges add +1 Moosepower (little discussed fact, but known truth on Swedespeed)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Looks like I’ll just live with the performance the way it is for now,
No need to. If you want a tune for the five cyl there's a couple. Rica has one available thru Eurosport tuning. See my sig, I have that one. Viva has at least one from Hilton, plus I think they carry the TDI tuning box. There's also at least 2 different freer flowing exhausts. A few have just replaced the muffler (they used a Camaro) for about $200 installed and like the sound. Then get the do88 FMIC, Rica stage two, etc, etc. KT4 has a downpipe for the 5 banger. Those are my next two items to install, (I have them already!!) then stage 2 Rica tune. It's just money!!

·
Registered
436 Posts
No need to. If you want a tune for the five cyl there's a couple. Rica has one available thru Eurosport tuning. See my sig, I have that one. Viva has at least one from Hilton, plus I think they carry the TDI tuning box. There's also at least 2 different freer flowing exhausts. A few have just replaced the muffler (they used a Camaro) for about $200 installed and like the sound. Then get the do88 FMIC, Rica stage two, etc, etc. KT4 has a downpipe for the 5 banger. Those are my next two items to install, (I have them already!!) then stage 2 Rica tune. It's just money!!
Where did you get your rica tune ? Also do you have the kt4 downpipe ?

·
Registered
576 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Purchased from https://www.eurosporttuning.com/rica-i-softloader-stage-1-ecu-upgrade-22187.html. Was on sale when I got it. Saved $100.00. Stage 2 only another $200. I'll get that after the FMIC and DP installed, in a few weeks, I hope!!!!

Yes. Not installed yet. Got the catted one. https://kt4performance.com/
Yea I think I’m on your YouTube watching your rica tune software downloader video. It’s expensive lol. Almost 1k. But do you see any difference with rica tune ?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts