SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 4-5 months back I started researching and reading threads on the V60, I think they are a great looking wagon. At the time I was reading complaints about oil consumption on the e-drive motors. IIRC it was the 2015, not the 2015.5 that mainly had the issue but can't recall for sure? Were there any resolutions to this?

I ask this because I've come across a used 2015 near my budget but I'm worried about getting one of the pre-2015.5 versions and ending up with an oil-burner.

Besides not getting Sensus, would I be missing out on anything else significant instead of waiting for a 2015.5?

Thanks

·
Registered
14,350 Posts
Just check out a few of the threads on here.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
IMHO there are no real answers just yet, just a lot of conjecture on oil indication issues due to the marginally executed electronic dipstick. A couple folks claim to have been down a couple quarts, IIRC, but largely seems to be an indication issue with no real fix yet. YMMV.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's kinda what I was afraid of. The Carfax for the 2015 I'm interested in shows it was imported in early 2014 so it looks to be one of the first E-drives. I"m not really too concerned about not getting Sensus on a 2015.5 but I suspect it might a a roll of the dice as far as oil consumption goes.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
I haven't seen nearly enough data to suggest you are any better off with a 2015.5 and a later engine build.

I also wouldn't let this keep me from buying the car as long as you can check and fill it regularly. Oil is pretty cheap.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't seen nearly enough data to suggest you are any better off with a 2015.5 and a later engine build.

I also wouldn't let this keep me from buying the car as long as you can check and fill it regularly. Oil is pretty cheap.
I could live with a little consumption, just don't want the Exxon Valdez in the driveway. :)
I recall a software update for the electronic dipstick, does it give better accuracy and did this apply to all the V60s?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.