SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local Volvo dealer (Sacramento, CA) had a "Certified Used" V60 R-Design. It is a 2015 with about 13,000 miles. Silver, which is no longer offered in 2016. $39k asking. Is that a good price? I tried to KBB it but they don't let me select a T6 R-Design (only T5 variants) to estimate price. Has some options like nav and the dual booster seats.

It's been listed for a few weeks, which makes me think either the demand on these is limited (likely) or the price isn't actually that great for a year old car with almost 15k miles.

http://cpo.volvocars.us/en/vehicles/Volvo/V60/T6-R-Design-b9bhft2

·
Registered
76 Posts
For me, it would depend a lot on the options the vehicle comes with. Assuming however that its loaded (I can already see that it doesn't have 19s), I think it would an OK price. Platinum car? Convenience package? Technology package?

The dealer had to shell out 2K for the CPO warranty.

To put it into perspective, I recently paid around $35K for a 2015 S60 R Design that had 8K miles. Also had Platinum package, technology package, convenience package, technology package and 19s. I also got a great trade in number.

Some advice that I would give is to expand your search area dramatically. I am in CT and looked at everything across the country. I ended up buying in NC. If you want an R Design, there isn't that much inventory out there to begin with. You can save a lot of money if you are willing to travel a little bit.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good information. I appreciate your references and input. Thanks.

This was more of a curiosity thing. I was actually looking at a 2015 XC70 T6 they have (Volvo no longer seems to do the 3.0 T6 for 2016 model year XC70) and noticed this V60 R-design. As much as I would love one of these, it isn't really practical for my needs.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Seems high to me. My local dealer has a new 2015 s60 r-design that they seem to be stuck with. Been there quite awhile i believe I saw a 5000 off sticker on it which puts around 41k. I would think you could work them over pretty good on the used one. In fairness I live in a depessed economic area so I was surprised it was even here, perhaps an order some walked away from.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
It's way fair enough. A grand or so over auction prices and probably 2K over trade in.
So, reasonable enough from a dealer
Dealer "shelled out" about $1400 for a CPO warranty, not 2K

·
Registered
973 Posts
I purchased my XC-90 V-8 from then Turner Volvo.. you should be able to work with them. THe XC sat on the lot for 9 months before we picked it up.. they were ready to work a deal for us!
Seems like a decent price.
Good luck if you go that route..

Evan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts