SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2015 V60 T5 driveE with ~93K miles has been giving me the "Power Steering Service Required!" message when my auto start re-engages if the car is sitting uphill. I am pretty sure its a fluid level issue because I have no steering issues/sounds/etc. and its not leaking anything, and if the car is flat or sitting downhill it doesn't give me the message (I tested this extensively in my steep driveway). Almost like when its tipped up in the front, the fluid just barely goes below some sensor when the pump first sucks the fluid in, triggering the message on the dash.

Problem is, I cannot find ANY information in the owner's manual for exactly what power steering fluid to use in it! The part of the manual in the Volvo iOS app about power steering fluid directs me to the engine fluids and capacities chart for specifics, and then that page says for more specifications on fluid types and systems to check the power steering page, so its just circular linking back and forth with no answers. I bought the Genuine Volvo Fluid off Amazon, part #30741424, but I wanted to double check before I dump it in and just cannot find a straight answer anywhere online for anything newer than early 2000's models. Thanks in advance for any info anyone can provide!

·
Registered
523 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ugh, now I feel really dumb lol. Guess I’ll be taking it into the dealership soon, still under my 100K mile CPO warranty so better sooner than later. I figured there was fluid because in Volvo’s own iOS app where you can download the user manual for many models, under 2015 V60 it mentions power steering fluid but doesn’t offer any specifics, but even the manual in my glove box even says how to check the oil even though the dipstick doesn’t exist so it’s not possible so I should have known. I should have just opened the hood and looked lol. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I had a 2016 S60CC AWD with the 5 cylinder and it had a power steering pump with fluid. They were transition years. Some are mechanical with fluid and some are electric.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
721 Posts
I had a 2016 S60CC AWD with the 5 cylinder and it had a power steering pump with fluid. They were transition years. Some are mechanical with fluid and some are electric.
OP already said his was a Drive-E car. Transition year or not, Drive-E cars had electric power steering.

·
Registered
230 Posts
OP already said his was a Drive-E car. Transition year or not, Drive-E cars had electric power steering.
The OP stated that his owners manual said that his car required power steering fluid so I provided an explanation on why.

But I'm sure you already knew that in your infinite wisdom. Chill out dude. I'm just trying to give the OP more information.

·
Registered
721 Posts
The OP stated that his owners manual said that his car required power steering fluid so I provided an explanation on why.

But I'm sure you already knew that in your infinite wisdom. Chill out dude. I'm just trying to give the OP more information.
You muddied the water. Another poster already pointed out that OP's manual says the 2.0 liter (Drive-E) cars don't use power steering fluid. Your addition was phrased in such a way that someone coming across this thread in a search a year or two from now could be misled into believing that some Drive-E cars had hydraulic systems and that there was a transition between them.

It's not my fault your post was vague and required classification to prevent others from possibly being misled.

·
Registered
230 Posts
You muddied the water. Another poster already pointed out that OP's manual says the 2.0 liter (Drive-E) cars don't use power steering fluid. Your addition was phrased in such a way that someone coming across this thread in a search a year or two from now could be misled into believing that some Drive-E cars had hydraulic systems and that there was a transition between them.

It's not my fault your post was vague and required classification to prevent others from possibly being misled.
Lol. Ok buddy. That's why I specifically stated my car was a 5 cylinder...which is obviously not a 4 cylinder drive-E.

My post wasn't vague. Not my fault you couldn't distinguish the difference between 4 and 5 cylinders.

Now go and craft another response how my posts here are irrelevant or misleading. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts