SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im looking for someone who has a v60 or s60 with a PCC system that has a key fob with 6 buttons. I need a part number fir the Keyless Vehicle Module. Especially those that are MY2104 and later. Could anyone help me?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 2017 V60 Polestar wagon and will help any way I can, but I don’t know what PCC is. How can I help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
610 Posts
We have a 2014 S60 with the 6 button PCC (with "i"). Looked all over outside of fob but no part number to be seen. We haven't changed the battery yet in it so don't know how to open it up to see if part # is inside. Good luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 2017 V60 Polestar wagon and will help any way I can, but I don’t know what PCC is. How can I help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the help, PCC enabled cars have a key fob with 6 buttons. And the kvm module is located in the luggage compartment under the right side trim panels. But its really hard to get to.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have a 2014 S60 with the 6 button PCC (with "i"). Looked all over outside of fob but no part number to be seen. We haven't changed the battery yet in it so don't know how to open it up to see if part # is inside. Good luck.
No, its not inside or outside the fob, it's located in a module that's in a luggage compartment of the car :)

·
Registered
735 Posts
KVM part number appears to be 31419588

Part should be the same regardless of engine options.

https://parts.volvocarslisle.com/p/...der-Turbo/Control-unit/65418849/31419588.html
Thanks a bunch! Is this really the part number for a kvm module from a car that has a key fob with 6 buttons i.e pcc system?
To the best of my knowledge, vehicles without the PCC system do not have a KVM. This is the module listed for vehicles with the Keyless Go option, which is what the 6-button PCC key comes with.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
I forgot what year, but there was a year and configuration when a car could be a non-keyless car and still have a KVM. There's an old bulletin about it I'd have to dig up.

What are you trying to do? Have you called your local dealer? They can look up what you need based on your configuration via the VIN.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I forgot what year, but there was a year and configuration when a car could be a non-keyless car and still have a KVM. There's an old bulletin about it I'd have to dig up.

What are you trying to do? Have you called your local dealer? They can look up what you need based on your configuration via the VIN.
According to the Volvopartslisle website, the KVM is the same part number for all P3 S/V/XC60s, 2011 through 2018. There aren't any alternate part numbers listed, so I'm thinking that even if there were non-PCC cars with a KVM (possibly necessary for the later internet-enabled on-call functionality?) it's still the same part.

The parts website also lists a "KVM reload" software so it sounds like the OP may have to have a dealer pair the KVM as well instead of just plugging a new one in?

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
I found the bulletin, it wouldn't be of use here.

The KVM is most likely the same for all keyless cars. But those online catalogs don't use VIN filtering and they also sometimes miss stuff. I don't know what this guy is trying to do, but yes, the KVM does have software. Not sure if it will work without it- haven't seen one fail yet.

·
Registered
735 Posts
But those online catalogs don't use VIN filtering and they also sometimes miss stuff.
True. They're not good at knowing what goes into any specific car. But I've found them to be pretty accurate about listing out all possible parts for a given model year. For example, I can't filter by VIN to the specific inner door panel for my car, but I can get an accurate list of all possible door panel parts that fit my model year.

Here, since the Remote Control Key System function group ( https://parts.volvocarslisle.com/a/...8084/Remote-control-key-system/GR-383578.html ) lists only one KVM part number for 2015 I'm confident that it's the right one. As contrast, note that there are 4 different possible part numbers listed for the remote control (the key fob), 4 different possible part numbers for the receiver, and two possible part numbers for the antenna depending on what frequencies are used due to varying market requirements (for example, it looks like EU radio rules require 868MHz operation as opposed to the 915MHz we use here in the US).

I suppose that it's possible that there's just plain error in the listing but they've been good for me in the past, even so far as finding a replacement Dynaudio speaker for my S70 when one ripped several years back.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To the best of my knowledge, vehicles without the PCC system do not have a KVM. This is the module listed for vehicles with the Keyless Go option, which is what the 6-button PCC key comes with.
You're wrong, because my car has no pcc, is keyless and has a kvm, so i'm after a very specific part number. I have a vin number of a car with pcc system but it would be great if someone with online vida subscription could check what is the kvm part numver of this particular car. Tried to ask volvo directly, but the dont give out the part numbers

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Im trying to get my pcc function to work. I have programmed the pcc fobs to non pcc car, the keyless works, buttons all work except the information button on a fob. The pcc is also enabled in cem, so i think that i might have to find the kvm module which supports pcc

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I found the bulletin, it wouldn't be of use here.

The KVM is most likely the same for all keyless cars. But those online catalogs don't use VIN filtering and they also sometimes miss stuff. I don't know what this guy is trying to do, but yes, the KVM does have software. Not sure if it will work without it- haven't seen one fail yet.
Not all the kvm's were the same. Facelift versions of v/s60 were redesigned. As you can see the prefacelift kvm has Alot more parts inside

·
Registered
735 Posts
Not all the kvm's were the same. Facelift versions of v/s60 were redesigned. As you can see the prefacelift kvm has Alot more parts inside
The new version supersedes the old. Volvo does not make or sell the old version and the new version will work in older cars. Old cars now list the new version as the correct part number. In terms of electrical connections and function, both will be identical and interchangeable. If you went to a Volvo dealer and asked for a KVM for a pre-facelift car, they would give you the "new" KVM. That's how superseding parts work.

What you see between the two versions here is common and expected as advances in circuitry allow "identical" parts to be revised with more efficient circuit design even though they function identically and are 100% compatible with each other.

Basically, the circuitry was redesigned as electronic components became smaller and less expensive. It's like with a video game console. For all intents and purposes, the PS4 that was originally released and the current PS4 Slim are identical in operation - they run the same software, etc. But the revised version uses less power and has different circuit layouts because of advances in component design.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts