SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both of my 12 V plugs don't work which leads me to believe the fuse is busted, Any idea on where the fuse compartment is and which fuse(s) I should replace? Thank you!!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would expect that is in the car manual? I know it is because it is in the digital version I have (I'm waiting for the paper version :rolleyes: ). The fuse box should be under the glove box, fuse #22 (15A) on the left serves the 12V connection in the center console.

A0001? Smells like an OnePlus. Good one! BTW there is a very good "Volvo Manual" app for android.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Had the same issue with my '13. The fuse was located in a box under glove box. Look in the manual, it's pretty self-explanatory. A pain to get to, but nothing too terrible.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all! Bought 5 fuses for $5 and replaced it myself, very easy to do. The dealer wanted $60.....Btw if anyone would like to share any tips on how to prevent the fuse from blowing out again, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Please don't take this as a snide remark but the usual ways to avoid blowing the fuse is:
1) don't overload the circuit -- each device has a amperage rating and you know the rating of the fuse
2) don't short out the socket

Do not put a larger capacity fuse in the socket!

You don't tell us which model/year. I had a problem with a rental in France where the socket was a bit larger than US-usual so my plug shifted around and the tip shorted it out. I was able to find a 2-outlet extender that came with the correct sized plug and a set of fuses. Can you imagine the fun of explaining all that with a minimum of French (tourist phrasebook level)?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had a problem with a rental in France where the socket was a bit larger than US-usual so my plug shifted around and the tip shorted it out. I was able to find a 2-outlet extender that came with the correct sized plug and a set of fuses. Can you imagine the fun of explaining all that with a minimum of French (tourist phrasebook level)?
That's odd, never heard of different 12V (cigarette lighter) plug sizes, to my knowledge they all should be the same world wide. Must have been a French rental car then... :D All of my (European) 12V plugs fit perfectly in each and every car I have rented in the US over the years.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
The "adapter ring" was about 2 mm in thickness, not a huge difference but enough that my US-style wiggled around too much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts