SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a daily motorcyclist who does not own an iPhone and tries to use my Droid phone as little as possible, my eyes glazed over when the dealer started talking about iPhone apps in synch with the Volvo subscription service...

However, from the owners manual:

1) Press lock
2) Press approach light immediately and hold for 2 seconds

And the XC60 is supposed to start automatically for heating or cooling before you get in your car?

That would be nice, but I have read and re read pages 65-67 in the manual and tried about 20 times to remote start the car with no success.

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
You must be in Europe...here, in North America, we use the Volvo On Call app and car can only be started (or shut down) via smart phone.

·
Registered
195 Posts
There is a remote start feature with the key fob of the new XC60. However, it has to be "turned on" by a Volvo dealer. The cost of this is $700 Canadian, not sure what the US price will be. Talk to your Volvo dealership about initiating the remote feature.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
There is a remote start feature with the key fob of the new XC60. However, it has to be "turned on" by a Volvo dealer. The cost of this is $700 Canadian, not sure what the US price will be. Talk to your Volvo dealership about initiating the remote feature.
That is an extra accessory that must be purchased. The Volvo On Call app gives you a lot more.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
That is an extra accessory that must be purchased. The Volvo On Call app gives you a lot more.
OP doesn't want more. He doesn't want to use his smart phone for much.

That's a point I've tried to make in the past.

I hope someone at Volvo is listening. Some of us just want remote start on a key fob and nothing more.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts

I hope someone at Volvo is listening. Some of us just want remote start on a key fob and nothing more.
And it is available, vs not being available at all, however it is not free.

·
Registered
745 Posts

Use your smartphone and Volvo on call to get remote start for free vs paying for it separately sounds like a great deal to me!

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Use your smartphone and Volvo on call to get remote start for free vs paying for it separately sounds like a great deal to me!
I didn't think VOC was free.
:confused:

·
Registered
745 Posts
I didn't think VOC was free.
:confused:
Sorry it's not free... Initial subscription is.

But again there is a stand alone option for remote start. What I was getting at is of you enjoy the other VOC features it's a big value add to already have the remote start functionality. So with VOC you are getting a function that is charged for on pre 2015.5 volvos so I consider that a big value add to VOC if you live in a very warm or cold climate.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Sorry it's not free... Initial subscription is.

But again there is a stand alone option for remote start. What I was getting at is of you enjoy the other VOC features it's a big value add to already have the remote start functionality. So with VOC you are getting a function that is charged for on pre 2015.5 volvos so I consider that a big value add to VOC if you live in a very warm or cold climate.
And have adequate cell coverage. If you're on vacation in the Alps and there's no signal, your "free" option is worthless...

This is a point I've tried to make and why remote start should be on a fob and not on an app for "free".

·
Registered
745 Posts
And have adequate cell coverage. If you're on vacation in the Alps and there's no signal, your "free" option is worthless...

This is a point I've tried to make and why remote start should be on a fob and not on an app for "free".
The thing is there is a remote start feature for the key fob. It's just a standalone accessory.

I don't know of another manufacturer that offers the remote start via remote for free, which is what you are asking for Volvo to do. They all require a subscription to their VOC equivalent.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
The thing is there is a remote start feature for the key fob. It's just a standalone accessory.

I don't know of another manufacturer that offers the remote start via remote for free, which is what you are asking for Volvo to do. They all require a subscription to their VOC equivalent.
I think you've misread me.

I never said remote start should be free.

I said remote start on a fob should be the default option or at least a secondary option when you pay for VOC so that you can use it even with no signal while skiing in the Alps.

There was never anything mentioned about it being free...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts