SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Have just purchased a 2015.5 XC60 R Design to replace the beloved 2007 R Wagon which has been sold.

From Volvo's website, the R Design dashboards are depicted in traditional R blue, with a center tachometer.

However, switching through the "themes" in the XC 60, it seems only the "elegance" theme displays in blue?

And the "performance" theme displays only in red?

I can see a color palette within the adjustments, but not sure if that might help?

Not the end of the world obviously, but would certainly prefer blue, as clearly display on Volvo's site.

Worst case, could Volvo somehow hack or change this?

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
The themes goes as follow:

Elegance: R-Design Blue
ECO: Light Green
Performance: Red

You can adjust to either:

Color: Brighter
Contrast: Darker

The only R-Design models that come with the "Blue" Performance theme are the 2016 S60 T5 Drive-E R-Design models apparently (I think the V40 R-Design in Europe has Blue as well); 2016 Polestar models have the "Red" Performance theme as well. There was a member who reached out to Volvo about possibly getting the dealer to download the Blue theme and they said no it is not possible.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?233550-2016-S60-T5-R-Design-(FWD)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply.

I will try to get used to the red, which I might prefer to having a strange graphic for a tachometer but agree Volvo should change this or make it available as a download : (

Bright red would be much better than the maroon ish color I saw, and will experiment with the contrast and brightness.

The themes goes as follow:

Elegance: R-Design Blue
ECO: Light Green
Performance: Red

You can adjust to either:

Color: Brighter
Contrast: Darker

The only R-Design models that come with the "Blue" Performance theme are the 2016 S60 T5 Drive-E R-Design models apparently (I think the V40 R-Design in Europe has Blue as well); 2016 Polestar models have the "Red" Performance theme as well. There was a member who reached out to Volvo about possibly getting the dealer to download the Blue theme and they said no it is not possible.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?233550-2016-S60-T5-R-Design-(FWD)

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Thanks for reply.

I will try to get used to the red, which I might prefer to having a strange graphic for a tachometer but agree Volvo should change this or make it available as a download : (

Bright red would be much better than the maroon ish color I saw, and will experiment with the contrast and brightness.
Contrast makes it look Maroon and Color makes it bright red like Passion Red.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts