SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried the search function for about 30 minutes prior to posting and couldn't find any information regarding the differences between the 2015.5 and the 2016 V60. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Had a 2016 VW Sportwagen TDI on order since June and I'm reopening my doors for obvious reasons...

I think my ideal setup would be: RD w/blis, convenience, and tech or a non-RD platinum w/xenons

TIA

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Not much changes going from a 2015.5 to a 2016 other than R-Design models lose the "R-Design" badge from the grille (which is now all Gloss Black similar to the Polestar models), R-Design models also get 19" wheels standard now. Non-RD models get newer wheel designs and all the packaging stays the same. There are a few new colors like Magic Blue (replaces Caspian Blue), Onyx Black (replaces Black Sapphire) and Osmium Grey (Brand New); RD models lose Rebel Blue and are now limited to only 5 colors (Passion Red, Crystal White, Power Blue, Osmium Grey, and Onyx Black).

Happy researching! I love my V60RD and haven't had any complaints/issues with my wagon yet after 1 year of ownership; I had a 2012 S60RD for 3 years and it was also very solid with no major issues as well.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
For the R-Design, there are a few things which are standard now which were not for 2015.5

1. 19" Ixion II Wheels ($750 Option for 2015.5)
2. Mirror Compass (Part of Convenience Package for 2015.5)

Also, Nubuck Textile seats are no longer listed as an option for the 2016 S/V60 R-Design. That doesn't necessarily mean you won't get it if you ask for it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ha yes the search begins again. Hoping this is a blessing in disguise...

Thanks for the information, fellas. Looks like I'll be on the hunt for a CPO 2015.5 RD!

·
Registered
99 Posts
How about a 2015....? There seems to be quite a few out there for deep discounted prices. Not sure what changes were made during the 15, 15.5 and 16 year though.
Motoretro

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
2015.5 has an updated infotainment system which is well worth the money. Remote Start seems to be standard when you use the On Call App, and that alone is a $500 value or something like that.

I do love my 2015 though. I pretend the R-Design stitching is a worthy trade off. ;)

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
I do love my 2015 though. I pretend the R-Design stitching is a worthy trade off. ;)
+1 I tell myself the same thing everyday

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How about a 2015....? There seems to be quite a few out there for deep discounted prices. Not sure what changes were made during the 15, 15.5 and 16 year though.
Motoretro
2015.5 has an updated infotainment system which is well worth the money. Remote Start seems to be standard when you use the On Call App, and that alone is a $500 value or something like that.

I think if the right deal comes along I can settle for a 2015, but my goal is to find a 2015.5 due to the updated infotainment system. From my initial search, seems like the 2015s are still a little overpriced - found a 2015 w/5k miles asking $43k! Lack of inventory doesn't help...

So I'm assuming the 2015.5+ don't have the "R-Design" stitching on the seats? Wonder why they're moving away from all the "R" branding (removing grill badge as well).

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
I think if the right deal comes along I can settle for a 2015, but my goal is to find a 2015.5 due to the updated infotainment system. From my initial search, seems like the 2015s are still a little overpriced - found a 2015 w/5k miles asking $43k! Lack of inventory doesn't help...

So I'm assuming the 2015.5+ don't have the "R-Design" stitching on the seats? Wonder why they're moving away from all the "R" branding (removing grill badge as well).
It still say's R-Design in the door sills, steering wheel, and TFT Display in the Start Up screen. Not sure why they are removing some of the badge's, maybe its a styling decision to make it looks more luxurious; 2010-2013 R-Design models between the S60/XC60 had embossed logo's on the seat backs that I actually really liked.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
I suspect they are removing the R-Design from the grill and seat back to increase the number of "Polestar Exclusive" styling features.

·
Registered
13,962 Posts
I think if the right deal comes along I can settle for a 2015, but my goal is to find a 2015.5 due to the updated infotainment system.
I have a '15 and a '15.5 and the updated tech (smartphone connectivity, nav, preloaded apps, internet, etc.) is pretty neat though plan on spending around $200 a year for internet service to keep all of the features.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Purchased a 15.5 V60 Platinum for a third family car at end of July. Was the last platinum at local dealers. You spend this much for a car you expect the features you get with plat. My son loves it in sport mode - probably too much. The Volvo on Call app on my iPhone lets me know where the car is, average speeds and if it is locked, etc.

Sorry about the Volkswagen issue. Lots of folks misled. You are actually in a good place, not having got the TDI yet.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Administrator
55,929 Posts
If you are searching for a Rebel Blue V60 R-Design, there were only 32 for 2015.5 (25 were full leather and 7 were Nubuck). There might be a couple more if custom ordered.

:cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not sure where you are located but there are two Electric silver 2015 RD's in Sacramento for about $40k, both were corporate fleet vehicles (according to Carfax), maybe Volvo corporate cars?

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you are searching for a Rebel Blue V60 R-Design, there were only 32 for 2015.5 (25 were full leather and 7 were Nubuck). There might be a couple more if custom ordered.

:cool:
Yeah, I found that out the hard way in July when I was trying to buy one of the last ones. The dealer that had it, sold it as I was trying to get my local dealer to swap a car for it. So I put in an order for a 2016 instead. It's not Rebel Blue, but at least it'll be exactly how I want it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
For the R-Design, there are a few things which are standard now which were not for 2015.5

1. 19" Ixion II Wheels ($750 Option for 2015.5)
2. Mirror Compass (Part of Convenience Package for 2015.5)

Also, Nubuck Textile seats are no longer listed as an option for the 2016 S/V60 R-Design. That doesn't necessarily mean you won't get it if you ask for it.
So there's a Press Release from VCNA dated May 21, 2015 that discusses the headline changes for the 2016 model year. The URL is https://www.media.volvocars.com/us/...-announces-model-year-2016-lineup-and-pricing

In there it says "With the addition of navigation in almost all cars, the company has removed the digital compass."

Does this contradict the statement above regarding the Mirror Compass being standard for 2016? Or are Yannis and his colleagues at VCNA actually specifying cars built with the Mirror Compass even though it's not "standard", kind of like the rearview camera not being "standard" but nearly always being part of the builds that turn up on dealer lots??

·
Registered
165 Posts
You're looking at quite a difference from a FWD TDI to an AWD RD. T5 Drive-E would be a closer comparison to me to the VW, but it looks like fuel economy isn't your biggest priority.
RD would definitely be the performance (fun) choice! And P* optimization being available, I would negotiate the dealer throw it in.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
So there's a Press Release from VCNA dated May 21, 2015 that discusses the headline changes for the 2016 model year. The URL is https://www.media.volvocars.com/us/...-announces-model-year-2016-lineup-and-pricing

In there it says "With the addition of navigation in almost all cars, the company has removed the digital compass."

Does this contradict the statement above regarding the Mirror Compass being standard for 2016? Or are Yannis and his colleagues at VCNA actually specifying cars built with the Mirror Compass even though it's not "standard", kind of like the rearview camera not being "standard" but nearly always being part of the builds that turn up on dealer lots??
It is probably listed on the pricing sheet I'm looking at by accident.

It's listed only for the R-Design, by the way.

They had Interior Air Quality System listed as standard when I ordered mine, so no big surprise if that's the case.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts

The Digital Mirror Compass was standard in MY15.5s and is also standard in MY16s. The only difference between a MY15.5 and a MY16 V60 R-design is that the 19" IXION II wheels are now standard.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts