SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may know, I'm currently in the market for a V60 RD after this whole TDI debacle. Long story short, I had money down on a fully loaded MY16 TDI Sportwagen since May and I think it's time to bail...(yes, my deposit is refundable)

I have an opportunity to pick up a 2015.5 V60 RD for $40k + TTL (CA). Less than 5k miles. No CPO, just basic warranty. Color I want. Options I want.

Unfortunately, there is no KBB for RD (not even Platinum models...what's the deal?). So I was hoping to get your guys' thoughts.

Keep in mind I'll have to add an extra $1k at least for freight.

·
Registered
510 Posts
From what I have been reading here, seems like Volvos drop $10K in price the first year. The R-Designs with a Platinum package are around $50K, even if it's a base RD, that's a good chance off the MSRP. If it has everything you want, see if you can get them to come down a bit more on the price, if not and you really want it, then go for it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
That sounds like a good deal for a 15.5 imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
That sounds like a good deal for a 15.5 imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is a very good deal...My 3 V60 R-designs (all MY15.5s with Platinum packages and 19" wheels) sold anywhere from $41,995 to $43,575. And they all had anywhere from 8,300 to almost 11,000 miles when I gave them up.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
As some of you may know, I'm currently in the market for a V60 RD after this whole TDI debacle. Long story short, I had money down on a fully loaded MY16 TDI Sportwagen since May and I think it's time to bail...(yes, my deposit is refundable)

I have an opportunity to pick up a 2015.5 V60 RD for $40k + TTL (CA). Less than 5k miles. No CPO, just basic warranty. Color I want. Options I want.

Unfortunately, there is no KBB for RD (not even Platinum models...what's the deal?). So I was hoping to get your guys' thoughts.

Keep in mind I'll have to add an extra $1k at least for freight.
I think you are getting a great deal, if it is Platinum. What is the color?

·
Registered
584 Posts
That is a very good deal, esp with the 19" and Platinum package. Ask the dealer to CPO it, cost is somewhere between $1,250 and $2,500 (based on what four different dealers told me). In the end - I would use that as a tool to close the deal and offset the freight cost. You DO want it to be CPO. 6 years and 100k miles is an incredible protection.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds like a very fair price. I recently purchased a '14 S60RD with 12K Platinum for $35K. Seems prices are lower and supply better on the east coast so if you search nationwide you may see better pricing. Fewer to pick from here in the midwest holds used prices up a bit in my opinion. Not sure about supply and demand in CA but your price seems inline.

Post purchase, I'm super happy with the car. Like you, I found the color and options I wanted with miles and price that worked for me. Good luck

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
That is a very good deal, esp with the 19" and Platinum package. Ask the dealer to CPO it, cost is somewhere between $1,250 and $2,500 (based on what four different dealers told me). In the end - I would use that as a tool to close the deal and offset the freight cost. You DO want it to be CPO. 6 years and 100k miles is an incredible protection.
I doubt there is any room to fit in the CPO cost at that selling price; one can always try but also has to be realistic.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all. Yes, supply out here on the west coast is limited and I think it's keeping used/CPO pricing higher over here as well.

I just visited a dealer in LA...they had a 2015.5 CPO Red/Nubuk with 6k miles, asking $44k. Why does CA have all of the used Reds?? Least favorite color (to own), no offense. They were not budging at all on their price.

The one I'm looking at across the country is Platinum but with the 18's, not 19's. They also told me I'd be the only owner on the title as it was a dealer demo - which is great for resale, but I plan on keeping this long-term, so this isn't a big perk for me.

May have to pull the trigger on this if I can get my freight quote worked out.

If not, I may need to look at other color options and consider wrapping the car...

·
Registered
13,973 Posts
Depending on how far away the car is you may want to consider flying out and driving the car back. I have done that a few times and have really enjoyed it.

I will echo what the others are saying - sounds like a great deal.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Thanks all. Yes, supply out here on the west coast is limited and I think it's keeping used/CPO pricing higher over here as well.

I just visited a dealer in LA...they had a 2015.5 CPO Red/Nubuk with 6k miles, asking $44k. Why does CA have all of the used Reds?? Least favorite color (to own), no offense. They were not budging at all on their price.

The one I'm looking at across the country is Platinum but with the 18's, not 19's. They also told me I'd be the only owner on the title as it was a dealer demo - which is great for resale, but I plan on keeping this long-term, so this isn't a big perk for me.

May have to pull the trigger on this if I can get my freight quote worked out.

If not, I may need to look at other color options and consider wrapping the car...
Passion Red is prevalent in Southern California because it has done well here. I have, pretty much, ordered most of the MY15.5 V60 R-designs for Southern California; Passion Red is about 15% of the mix. Most were Black Sapphire or Crystal White and 10 Rebel Blue.

My last company car was Passion Red w/ Nubuck; Platinum, BLIS, 19" wheels (why don't you want the 19" wheels? They look better and enhance the handling of the car) plus a couple small accessories (eye glass holder, net pocket kit). It was turned it to Carlsbad Volvo. It had about 8,580miles. It is on sale for $39,995. Give them a call.

http://www.carlsbadvolvo.com/used/Volvo/2015-Volvo-V60-c826cf3a0a0e0a6b0b002714a1b142fd.htm

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Passion Red is prevalent in Southern California because it has done well here. I have, pretty much, ordered most of the MY15.5 V60 R-designs for Southern California; Passion Red is about 15% of the mix. Most were Black Sapphire or Crystal White and 10 Rebel Blue.

My last company car was Passion Red w/ Nubuck; Platinum, BLIS, 19" wheels (why don't you want the 19" wheels? They look better and enhance the handling of the car) plus a couple small accessories (eye glass holder, net pocket kit). It was turned it to Carlsbad Volvo. It had about 8,580miles. It is on sale for $39,995. Give them a call.

http://www.carlsbadvolvo.com/used/Volvo/2015-Volvo-V60-c826cf3a0a0e0a6b0b002714a1b142fd.htm
I'd actually prefer the 19s, it's just that the vehicle I'm looking at (in the color I want) comes with the 18s...

Thanks for the tip in SD. I saw this one as well, but as I mentioned, can't do red.

Flying and driving would probably cost more than shipping the car if I include food/gas/hotels/etc. Would love that experience but taking the time off work is also an issue.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Dude, why is it a mystery what color you want? I re-read your posts, and unless I missed it, you only state that you don't want red.

This is the only one worth having! ;)

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/639355633/overview/

Though it says 2015 on the listing, it is a 2015.5 (the seats don't have embroidered "R-Design"). Get'em down around $43K and enjoy! :thumbup:
He is looking for a V60, not S60.

True, this car is awesome...It is a MY15.5, I had ordered this car to be my company car but a Rebel Blue V60 arrived a little earlier so I took that one and gave this to Volvo Cars Mission Viejo.

It is an awesome-looking car; re: price, this is a new car, with no miles, not a demo.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
My God Yannis, I deleted that post in like 30 seconds...after I saw it was an S60...LOL Quick trigger Bra! ;)

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
He is looking for a V60, not S60.

True, this car is awesome...It is a MY15.5, I had ordered this car to be my company car but a Rebel Blue V60 arrived a little earlier so I took that one and gave this to Volvo Cars Mission Viejo.

It is an awesome-looking car; re: price, this is a new car, with no miles, not a demo.
I agree, the S60 looks great in the rebel. I know I have a V60 in this color, so I'm biased, but I've seen two S60's on the road in rebel blue, and they were special! Of course my wife didn't appreciate hearing it since she had a red one at the time. ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quick update.

Turns out my original offer was too good to be true. They dealer was mistaken on the options on the car and it wasn't quite what I wanted (Not platinum - missing tech package).

I ended up finding a CPO 2015 RD Platinum w/tech, 19" wheels with roughly 20k miles offered at $39,900. CPO is a big deal to me considering I plan on keeping the car for many years to come. I could care less about the nav advancements in the 2015.5 as long as my car has the tech package (ACC, break assist), I'm happy.

What are you guys' thoughts on this deal?

·
Registered
390 Posts
From what I have been reading here, seems like Volvos drop $10K in price the first year. The R-Designs with a Platinum package are around $50K, even if it's a base RD, that's a good chance off the MSRP. If it has everything you want, see if you can get them to come down a bit more on the price, if not and you really want it, then go for it.
My research tends to confirm the $10K number, at least on the S60 R design. There are so few around the reality might be different, hard to say.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts