Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Looked at that but can't determine which is for my vehicle. I have Saville Grat and Part #2 is painted.
Try this for parts lookup: https://usparts.volvocars.com/a/Vol...97208/Bumper--rear--body-parts/GR-395461.html

Part #7. Sadly looks like it will need to be painted to match the car. MSRP $215.64

My suggestion is to call Valenti Volvo Cars of Watertown for best price on drop shipped parts. Ask for Dan. (860) 274-1800. From their website looks like its about $152.51 (www.europarts4less.com) Their website pricing is higher than calling directly. I just went through this process replacing the rear bumper and r design spoilers on my S60. I was able to save almost $300 for the bumper dropped shipped to my home in California from Connecticut versus buying it locally.

A few other places to try: (Watch the shipping...)
www.volvopartscounter.com = $147.21 (cannot ship to CA)
www.tascaparts.com = $153.21
parts.volvooakpark.com = $160.47 (Free shipping over $50) But its extremely slow....
www.Volvopartslisle.com = $163.12

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Try this for parts lookup: https://usparts.volvocars.com/a/Vol...97208/Bumper--rear--body-parts/GR-395461.html

Part #7. Sadly looks like it will need to be painted to match the car. MSRP $215.64

My suggestion is to call Valenti Volvo Cars of Watertown for best price on drop shipped parts. Ask for Dan. (860) 274-1800. From their website looks like its about $152.51 (www.europarts4less.com) Their website pricing is higher than calling directly. I just went through this process replacing the rear bumper and r design spoilers on my S60. I was able to save almost $300 for the bumper dropped shipped to my home in California from Connecticut versus buying it locally.

A few other places to try: (Watch the shipping...)
www.volvopartscounter.com = $147.21 (cannot ship to CA)
www.tascaparts.com = $153.21
parts.volvooakpark.com = $160.47 (Free shipping over $50) But its extremely slow....
www.Volvopartslisle.com = $163.12
This is going to be an accident claim. Trying to see before my car is taken in for evaluation exactly what parts are going to cost to get the best idea without having to do "supplements". Got rear ended yesterday by an SUV.

Prepainted rear Bumper is $935 I believe.... So the other part is $215. Then what is Part #3?

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
#2 is called a "spoiler" and #3 a "protecting plate" I believe.

These online parts catalogs don't have VIN filtering. Best bet is to contact your dealer with your VIN, or get a body shop estimate with part numbers and go from there.

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

These online parts catalogs don't have VIN filtering. Best bet is to contact your dealer with your VIN, or get a body shop estimate with part numbers and go from there.
Thanks. At fault party's insurance is already starting off scuzzy. Tried to weasel out of fault even though the whole thing is on video...So seeing that's how they want to play, I want to know what to expect damage wise. I'll get a bodyshop to give me an estimate.

·
Registered
721 Posts

Thanks. At fault party's insurance is already starting off scuzzy. Tried to weasel out of fault even though the whole thing is on video...So seeing that's how they want to play, I want to know what to expect damage wise. I'll get a bodyshop to give me an estimate.
Why are you going through the other party's insurance? Go through your own insurance and have them subrogate. Since you're not at fault, your rates shouldn't go up and your own company will be much better to deal with. The other party's insurance has an obligation to the other person, not to you, so they're always going to try to do the least they possibly can.

·
Registered
16,851 Posts
+1. Tech knows.

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Why are you going through the other party's insurance? Go through your own insurance and have them subrogate. Since you're not at fault, your rates shouldn't go up and your own company will be much better to deal with. The other party's insurance has an obligation to the other person, not to you, so they're always going to try to do the least they possibly can.
I have subrogated a claim in the past, where a contractor caused damaged to my property while doing repairs for city. I won the case. Reason I had to take this route is I tried pursuing in small claims and the company lawyered up with some big firm and tried bullying me into regular court. None the less, I had mountains of evidence and it was open and shut. Took about a year to get my deductible back after it went to arbitration. I was told by my agent: A claim is a claim, even if subrogated, it shows as one being filed. Course they weren't out anything.

This accident:

1. His insurance company already tried to pull a stunt to wiggle out of stuff. I shut that down quickly.

2.Fixing the vehicle I'll handle on my own. They will cut me a check after an estimate, and I'll take to a bodyshop of my choice. Then if further damage, they'll pay a supplement to the bodyshop of my choosing. Have done this in the past without issue.

3. I'll probably end up contacting a lawyer before settling.

4. Pm'ing you as I'd prefer not to post some stuff openly.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I have subrogated a claim in the past, where a contractor caused damaged to my property while doing repairs for city. I won the case. Reason I had to take this route is I tried pursuing in small claims and the company lawyered up with some big firm and tried bullying me into regular court. None the less, I had mountains of evidence and it was open and shut. Took about a year to get my deductible back after it went to arbitration. I was told by my agent: A claim is a claim, even if subrogated, it shows as one being filed. Course they weren't out anything.
That's very unfortunate; though it's possible that they treat homeowners claims differently, you may also want to consider changing insurance companies. I've had great experiences subrogating through my auto insurance company (State Farm) - I've been rear ended twice and sideswiped while driving once in the past several years, never at fault. Made a claim through my insurance each time. My insurance never went up and I still have my "safe driver discount." Getting my deductible back does take a few months, but I always get it back as soon as my insurance company gets the at fault party to pay out.

As an added benefit, the repairs are warrantied for life - they fixed unrepaired bits that crappy body shops missed twice and did so without question or difficulty. They even sent out their inspector to meet me at my office, he looked at the issues I found and agreed immediately that they needed to be fixed.

In subrogation, your insurance company absolutely is "out" their money until the at fault party finally pays them. They only lose by taking longer to do things.

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Sent you a private message

Claim was filed through my Car Insurance and they subrogated against the contractor. So I was paid immediately for the damage, less the deductible. And then the case was put through to Arbitration on the advice of a Lawyer. Since the Contractor Literally spent $1000's I'm sure having the case transferred from Small Claims to Regular Civil Docket. Then their Lawfirm Generated a Set of Interrogatories. And we were only talking $2700 in Total Damage, including the rental.

So it was more of a liability issue they were fighting, since other home owners (did a huge area of the city) could have a claim due to their incompetence. Anyway 10 months later it went to Arbitration and about another month I had my deductible back. My insurance was out their money for a total of 11 Months. But got paid back in full.

That's very unfortunate; though it's possible that they treat homeowners claims differently, you may also want to consider changing insurance companies. I've had great experiences subrogating through my auto insurance company (State Farm) - I've been rear ended twice and sideswiped while driving once in the past several years, never at fault. Made a claim through my insurance each time. My insurance never went up and I still have my "safe driver discount." Getting my deductible back does take a few months, but I always get it back as soon as my insurance company gets the at fault party to pay out.
This is the second time I've been hit in my car and 3rd time I've had a claim. First time was backed into which was very minor but still resulted in about $2000 due to bumper replacement. Second Time was Contractor issue. 3rd time is current predicament.

Ya, I've not been at fault either, but my insurance has told me that a claim generated is still a claim. My insurance did GO DOWN this year, even after the contractor claim, so it must not have impacted me negatively event though it shows. That's my agent's words.

As an added benefit, the repairs are warrantied for life - they fixed unrepaired bits that crappy body shops missed twice and did so without question or difficulty. They even sent out their inspector to meet me at my office, he looked at the issues I found and agreed immediately that they needed to be fixed.

In subrogation, your insurance company absolutely is "out" their money until the at fault party finally pays them. They only lose by taking longer to do things.
Don't think accident repairs receive Volvo's lifetime warranty. Was your vehicle repaired at a Volvo Authorized Shop?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Sent you a private message

Claim was filed through my Car Insurance and they subrogated against the contractor. So I was paid immediately for the damage, less the deductible. And then the case was put through to Arbitration on the advice of a Lawyer. Since the Contractor Literally spent $1000's I'm sure having the case transferred from Small Claims to Regular Civil Docket. Then their Lawfirm Generated a Set of Interrogatories. And we were only talking $2700 in Total Damage, including the rental.

So it was more of a liability issue they were fighting, since other home owners (did a huge area of the city) could have a claim due to their incompetence. Anyway 10 months later it went to Arbitration and about another month I had my deductible back. My insurance was out their money for a total of 11 Months. But got paid back in full.

This is the second time I've been hit in my car and 3rd time I've had a claim. First time was backed into which was very minor but still resulted in about $2000 due to bumper replacement. Second Time was Contractor issue. 3rd time is current predicament.

Ya, I've not been at fault either, but my insurance has told me that a claim generated is still a claim. My insurance did GO DOWN this year, even after the contractor claim, so it must not have impacted me negatively event though it shows. That's my agent's words.

Don't think accident repairs receive Volvo's lifetime warranty. Was your vehicle repaired at a Volvo Authorized Shop?
The claims do show in my insurance history, but they don't affect my rating or my discounts, so I'm pretty ok with them being there. Every insurance company handles things a bit differently though.

The accident repairs are warrantied by State Farm, not by Volvo. As long as I use a State Farm preferred shop, they'll give a "lifetime" warranty on any accident repairs (only good as long as I own the vehicle and doesn't transfer to a new owner, but still a good deal for me). Since the shop I wanted to do the work was on their list, it worked out well for me.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Afraid to say my wife had a similar experience when our insurance company basically told her it was not worth their while to pursue the other party for a minor claim (~$1500) so we ended up out our deductible and with a claim on our record which did increase our rates...

By contrast I've been rear-ended while stationary twice... first time Progressive had left a voicemail admitting full liability by the time I got home from the car rental place, the second time the damage was a barely noticeable ding on the rear bumper not worthy of the word dent, I wasn't going to worry about it but State Farm pretty much harassed me into taking my car to their assessor who cut me a check for the damage on the spot.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Afraid to say my wife had a similar experience when our insurance company basically told her it was not worth their while to pursue the other party for a minor claim (~$1500) so we ended up out our deductible and with a claim on our record which did increase our rates...
That sounds like your insurance thought you were at least partially at fault then. Not at fault claims should not raise rates.

Any insurance company refusing to subrogate for a $1,500 claim would lose me as a customer and would get a complaint to the state insurance regulators for failure to properly subrogate. They generally have a duty to attempt to get my deductible back if the other party is insured, at least in my state. I *have* seen instances where the other party is uninsured and no recovery is possible, which may be what happened to you, but that still should not increase rates unless you're partially at fault according to your insurance. When the other party has no insurance, it may be up to you to recover in small claims if you don't carry a rider for uninsured/underinsured drivers on your own policy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts