SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found any proven tuners for the 2015.5 T5 AWD? I am looking for any available Stage I improvements (of just software) or perhaps modest Stage II hardware swaps out (not major surgery). RICA Engineering advertises an ECU change, reportedly taking the stock horsepower up to 280 but with no change in the torque. This doesn't make sense to me. I also checked with one of their authorized shops and they could not confirm its availability.
Maybe the stock overboost is the best this 2.5 litre engine can do with the little turbo? Would love to hear what anyone might have accomplished with this engine. Seems like it should be capable of doing better than the stock 250hp (exclusive of the overboost torque of 295). Thanks much.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Has anyone found any proven tuners for the 2015.5 T5 AWD? I am looking for any available Stage I improvements (of just software) or perhaps modest Stage II hardware swaps out (not major surgery). RICA Engineering advertises an ECU change, reportedly taking the stock horsepower up to 280 but with no change in the torque. This doesn't make sense to me. I also checked with one of their authorized shops and they could not confirm its availability.
Maybe the stock overboost is the best this 2.5 litre engine can do with the little turbo? Would love to hear what anyone might have accomplished with this engine. Seems like it should be capable of doing better than the stock 250hp (exclusive of the overboost torque of 295). Thanks much.
Actually there is a change in the torque. It rises from 360 Nm to 405 Nm, but it is not a big change indeed. The problem with this engine is that the number of cars it is offered is really low and probably tuners simply do not want to lose their resource and modify it. In Europe Heico does offer the Stage I package. They promise to give +100 Nm and +14 PS, but in my opinion it is not much, especially if compared with modifications in "old" T5 or R Volvos.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is what RICA states:

Standard RICA Difference
Power 250 hp @ 5400 rpm 285 hp @ 5700 rpm + 35 hp
Torque 360 Nm @ 2500 rpm 405 Nm @ 2900 rpm + 45 Nm

So is this any better than the overboost already in the stock configuration which is reportedly 295 torque?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts