SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Bear with me, this is my wife's description) As my wife was driving, the odometer hit 2000 miles and she heard a distinct "click" and the engine ran ..quieter. And she says it has ever since. However, I notice more external engine sounds when she wheels in the driveway into the garage. Anyone else notice a change?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
no change in sound, we're at 2800. The only change I've detected is a slight slight softer ride over bumps, aside from that, still the same car.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
(Bear with me, this is my wife's description) As my wife was driving, the odometer hit 2000 miles and she heard a distinct "click" and the engine ran ..quieter. And she says it has ever since. However, I notice more external engine sounds when she wheels in the driveway into the garage. Anyone else notice a change?
Which engine?

Not that it would matter; I change cars every 3 to 3.5 months and I drive each one of them for about 9,000 miles...I have not noticed this on any of them.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
T-5 E-Drive, FWD
(BTW, she's averaging 23.9 mpg around town. Fantastic!)
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Yeah, not aware of such audible changes...

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Have you checked your oil level? Less than full could make the engine sound louder (valves) from the outside (wouldn't be smoother though). Any difference in performance noticed? Maybe you're just achieving break-in, though it wouldn't be overnight and following a click. That click could also be the AC going on or off. There's also the stop-start function or ABS (setting itself) click when just getting under-way?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good suggestions. I'll check.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts