SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

New to the forum as I just picked up my 2016 V60 Polestar two weeks ago.

The first thing I am really noticing about this car is that it seems to get really confused about how to shift into gear. In manual mode the 1st to 2nd gear change is really sluggish in response compared to others. Definately a bigger delay between hitting the paddle and the actual change. Then in regular auto mode, I feel like the car is gently bouncing between gears as I am lightly accelerating, with revs going up and down as it is trying to settle in to the rev; its like the transmission does not know what to do when I am not putting the hammer down.

Have you all found the same?

Thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
In sport mode, my 2016 shifts fast and firm, even down shifts. Do you notice a difference between the paddle shift and auto shift in sport mode? That would concern me. I think auto mode learns your driving behavior and adjusts, so every battery disconnect the shifting seems to float depending on throttle, but after 30-45 mins gets better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In sport mode, my 2016 shifts fast and firm, even down shifts. Do you notice a difference between the paddle shift and auto shift in sport mode? That would concern me. I think auto mode learns your driving behavior and adjusts, so every battery disconnect the shifting seems to float depending on throttle, but after 30-45 mins gets better.
Interesting. You think disconnecting the battery will make the ECU forget what it learned from the previous owner perhaps?

I don't see a difference in paddles and the shifter. What is most confusing is the 1st to 2nd shift in sport manual mode is sluggish under light trottle. In Sport auto, it seems to shift at the right time (pretty early in the revs). The other shifts (2nd to 3rd, 3rd to 4th, etc.) are really strong. in second gear, there seams to be some stall in the rev increase at around 2200 rpm. That is in Sport and automatic.

I'll make a video today. That could show what I am talking about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts