SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a wonderful 2014 Polestar XC70 with the IPD sway bar. Love love love it. I heard the video of the exhaust on on the V60 wagon. Anyone have an idea as to how to modify my exhaust to come close to matching the tone of that wagon?? I don't want ANY highway drone or much extra noise. I do want the performance sound when you get on it hard.

·
Registered
950 Posts
No idea, probably not possible, because the exhaust of the V60 Polestar is made by FERRITA. So whole different exhaust from scratch I guess...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Foxy Hope somebody will suggest a reasonable alternative. On another forum they suggested removing rear mufflers. Would like to hear from someone who has done it.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Foxy gave you the answer, it's not possible with your setup. Our cars are setup completely differently. Our engines are tuned differently to start, not that this matters all that much, but the different turbo changes the air going through the system. Our exhaust system is made by Ferrita and has two Vanes in it. In Sport mode both Vanes are open, which amount to essentially "straight pipes", which is why someone suggested removing your muffler. The sound of our cars is highly tuned and you are not going to match it with a completely different setup.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Keep it like it is.., CLASSIC.. You will regret it after a few months. 'R I C E R s'་will always regret changes.

XC70 2011 D5

1 - 5 of 5 Posts