SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2014 XC60 T6 service interval confusion.

Closing in on a sale, 2014 XC60 T6, 42k miles, CPO to 100k or until 3-21. Neighboring dealer says it should have, at 40k miles, the following done: oil filter, oil change, cabin air and engine air filters changed, brake fluid replaced. He recommends trans fluid replacement @ 60k rather than "lifetime" and can't get a clear answer on coolant change intervals, though one dealer said "lifetime" again. Hard to imagine! But the specific question is, at 42k miles, what should I insist be done before I buy this car? I believe oil changed @ 37k with history of changes every 7500 miles, that's about it, though did have ball joints and brakes recently. Is there, technically, a 40k service? Hard to pin that down! Thanks.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Yes, the 2014s had 10k intervals and the 40k does include an oil and filter change, brake flush, air filter and pollen filter.

There is no interval for transmission fluid or coolant.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Yes, the 2014s had 10k intervals and the 40k does include an oil and filter change, brake flush, air filter and pollen filter.

There is no interval for transmission fluid or coolant.
Sure, but changing the transmission fluid could be recommended, yes?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The service manager I spoke with was patient, unhurried, and took time to answer my questions. He said they recommend/offer a 60k trans service because of his personal belief that "lifelong" trans fluid is bonkers, and that he has seen lot's of burnt and nasty looking fluid which, of course he feels contributes to premature trans failures. He doesn't see failures all that often in the T6's, however, mostly the 3.2's. 300 bucks for peace of mind, essentially. I think most of us are aware of the trans fluid controversy, and am willing to guess we won't leave our trans fluid or coolant in our cars "for life". Thanks for the 40k service info though, I'll ask that the seller have it done, or negotiate around it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts