SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking @ a 2014 T6 XC60 Premium Plus package, no BLISS, 42k miles, Volvo warranty extended through most of 2021. Serviced properly, needed rotors, pads, tie rods that's it throughout ownership. She will be taking it to Volvo to price for an outright purchase by them, she won't be trading it in as she doesn't want another car. No real other prospects for purchasing this thing, it's me or Volvo. Does anyone have any insight as to what Volvo might offer her for the car, outright purchase? Owner is asking 22.5 at the moment. Am interested but really don't want to pay way too much for this car. Thanks! for your input.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Sounds like a pretty fair price IMO.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,666 Posts
That price seems high. KBB would estimate the private party price at around $20k assuming 'good' condition but then two years' warranty is worth something so maybe $21.5k?

According to KBB trade in value for that car would maybe get to $18k - dealer would probably offer less, around $17k.

Carmax is a great resource to trade in cars even if not buying anything else.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
20k sounds about right to me, meaning it would be a good deal for me at that price. Would certainly give her more than what Volvo will offer her, and somehow, I agree they will likely offer her something in the teens. Carmax might not be a bad option for her to consider. Any strong sentiments, one way or another? Thanks!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Depends on your geographic location and particular market. KBB is definitely not accurate in some locations like the San Francisco Bay Area. On the other hand, Carmax does seem to hold their prices, so they may be a good indicator near you. I bought a 2014 XC60 from them last year. PM me if you want to know more about the process or my personal experience.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. Checked with relatively local Carmax (central VA), 36k 2014 t6 was 24k. Didn't look as well kept as the one I am looking at. But pricing is all within ballpark of what we have stated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts