SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 and I am contemplating buying the 2014+ trunk and bumper chrome trim as an upgrade. Do you guys think it looks better and is it worth it? Please let me know your opinion. I think I need to get pushed one way or the other.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have a 2013 and I am contemplating buying the 2014+ trunk and bumper chrome trim as an upgrade. Do you guys think it looks better and is it worth it? Please let me know your opinion. I think I need to get pushed one way or the other.
Looks are subjective. What matters is if *YOU* like it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
True. I just can't decide... What do you think camand. D you have any pictures of your 2010?
I love it! My car had to go in the bodyshop so I did the LED tail lights(and resistors), chrome trunk trim, and bottom bumper trim all at the same time. Really updates the look of the car and makes it look more expensive. No problems, no regrets. :) If you click the link below and scroll to the bottom, that my car, the white S80.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?195279-Info-Thread-for-Adding-2014-S80-Tail-Lights/page4

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love it! My car had to go in the bodyshop so I did the LED tail lights(and resistors), chrome trunk trim, and bottom bumper trim all at the same time. Really updates the look of the car and makes it look more expensive. No problems, no regrets. :) If you click the link below and scroll to the bottom, that my car, the white S80.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?195279-Info-Thread-for-Adding-2014-S80-Tail-Lights/page4
You convinced me. I already have the 2014 lights and resistors installed. Ordered!

·
Registered
143 Posts
good choice! I think you will be very pleased with the results! :thumbup: :)

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Well, late or not: the lower bumper chrome strip thing seems to be catching on. Or it's just me catching up. I've been seeing more and more new-ish BMW 5-series' with a similar trim and to be honest I'm not so sure about it. As for the S80 one I think it looks alright and I think in your case it'll work since you're going for the new tail-lights and trunk trim as well. I wouldn't pair it with the old lights though, or the old trunk trim.

·
3,391 Posts
I've added it all, and personally I like the looks of it. The tail lights are the single best thing you can do to update the look of the car. The chrome pieces though, are a quite inexpensive way to give the car a more modern and more upscale look. I'm glad I've done all of it to my car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts