SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took her to the Florida State Championships yesterday. While I didn't think my class would be hard to win I wanted the overall because some very strong drivers were there in other classes. PAX is the overall for the event. The G-Street Pax is a particularly hard pax this year as they are getting the numbers figured out for the change from Race tires to Street tires and they error on the side of making it harder. Pax is a handicap system that takes the averages from Nationals to figure out a handicap modifier between classes to determine the true quickest car at the event. So with top cars and top drivers in obviously softer Pax index's I had written it off as no chance of taking the top time. My final run I got it by a couple hundredths. Truely amazed at this little car. It's so good and so capable and so strong and reliable. 10k miles on it now not one squeak, not one rattle, not one break down or reliability issue. I've done 4 oil changes on it now and one transmission fluid change. It's due for front brakes really soon but Volvo Built one heck of a tough car.
Results
http://www.cfrsolo2.com/2014/11-23-2014geneva_pax.htm
http://www.cfrsolo2.com/cfrlive/index.htm
Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_QKNCt8Krg
Only Picture I took.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was worried about the wrap leaving a permanent impression on the paint. I peeled it off last weekend. If it goes back to nationals in 2015 I'll wrap it again but different.

·
Administrator
55,859 Posts
Congrats Ian - really happy to read this!

·
Super Moderator
39,184 Posts
Great run! Congrats! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2019 S60 R Design, Fusion Red, Fully Loaded
495 Posts
Awesome, job well done!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wow. I like to drive my car fast, but I can't come close to what you're doing behind the wheel. Very impressive!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Awesome.

·
Registered
339 Posts
This is awesome, congrats!

What are some of the more interesting reactions you get from folks? Are people surprised that a Volvo is so capable on a track?

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Big congrats Man! You represent us well! Also glad to hear the car's been so stout...really glad to hear!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Most people know me and so its not a huge surprise that im winning. The joke was I was going to attempt a minivan next year. But with that said everyone loves seeing the car and seeing it do well. Most are amazed that brz's and other cars that were ment to do this stuff are breaking at events yet the big volvo that was never ment to do this stuff has yet to have a single issue. People cant get over how nice it is inside or how good it looks. A lot of these guys wouldnt be giving a volvo a second look. Several have now bought one as daily drivers. The kick I get is going up to my buddies in S2000's and M3s and 911's at the end of the day and reminding them.... they got beat by a 4000lbs automatic family sedan. Several bought me beers sunday after the event.

·
Registered
2019 S60 R Design, Fusion Red, Fully Loaded
495 Posts
Most people know me and so its not a huge surprise that im winning. The joke was I was going to attempt a minivan next year. But with that said everyone loves seeing the car and seeing it do well. Most are amazed that brz's and other cars that were ment to do this stuff are breaking at events yet the big volvo that was never ment to do this stuff has yet to have a single issue. People cant get over how nice it is inside or how good it looks. A lot of these guys wouldnt be giving a volvo a second look. Several have now bought one as daily drivers. The kick I get is going up to my buddies in S2000's and M3s and 911's at the end of the day and reminding them.... they got beat by a 4000lbs automatic family sedan. Several bought me beers sunday after the event.
Nice! I feel I should be sending you a beer as well for sharing such encouraging and interesting information. Thanks again and congratulations!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Ha ha, this is great. "They got beat by a 4000lbs automatic family sedan." Classic.

·
Registered
145 Posts
That was awesome ! Congrats. Keep us posted - your comments about the reliability are quite interesting and encouraging !! Do you have any mods on the car? Are you running with factory tires/rims?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Class rules allow shocks, one sway bar (front OR rear) cat back exhaust and wheels and tires on oem size wheels. Offset on wheels can vary by +/- 7mm.
Im actively trying to get a set of the polestar ohlins for the car. Havent decided if im going to do an exhaust. Im running moda 18x8's +48 with a 275/35 front tire and a 245/40 rear dunlop DZII. The tires are shaved to match diameter.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Aww yeah, big +1!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts