SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 S60 has a "knob" on the left side of the passenger headrest. I have no idea what it is for. It sort of looks like something you might hang one clothes hanger on, but it in a bad place for that. What is its function?

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
My 2014 S60 has a "knob" on the left side of the passenger headrest. I have no idea what it is for. It sort of looks like something you might hang one clothes hanger on, but it in a bad place for that. What is its function?
EDIT: I stand corrected its a jacket hook.

·
Registered
112 Posts

Yes, you are supposed to use that bad boy to hang your jacket on by the tag in the neck area of the jacket. Will probably go away just like the parking slip clip that used to be on the driver's side of the windshield!

·
Registered
127 Posts
My wife's 2015 XC60 didn't have the parking slip clip, but my 2015.5 did have the clip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
My wife's 2015 XC60 didn't have the parking slip clip, but my 2015.5 did have the clip.

Wow, that's great. I thought the clips were gone on all models after 2012.

·
Registered
114 Posts
My 2015.5 V60 has the parking pass clip. My salesman told me the 2015 and 2016 models don't. Weird...

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Yes, it is a jacket clip and actually comes in pretty handy for the few days we need one here. Provided the jacket/blazer has a label-thingy...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Wow, that's great. I thought the clips were gone on all models after 2012.
When I got my 2013 S60, I was disappointed that the parking slip clip was missing too (I came from a '98 S70). Actually, at first when I was shopping around for the car, I thought that the previous owner had cut it off because they didn't know what it was or something... but then I noticed that all other S60s I test drove did not have the clip either.

I later found that if your car didn't come with one, you can still buy the clip from the dealer and have it installed. The A-pillar has a slot that the clip itself attaches to. The part number is 31389270. I have some pictures of it installed here: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...2011-)-today&p=2697185&viewfull=1#post2697185

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Strange, as my 2015.5 V60 did come with a parking clip.

·
Registered
127 Posts
At first, I thought it was part of the dealers "accessory device" to hold a sales sign in the front windshield, because I was use to not seeing one in my wife's 2015 XC60. Also, her car doesn't have a slot to hold the fuel cap...it just hangs there. My 2015.5 V60 has a gas cap holder in the hinge. I may have to buy a small hook for her XC60 to keep it from banging against the paint.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts