SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anything new on the future of the C70? I still have my 2006 and it has been an awesome and reliable car.

I'll most likely trade it for a 2014 (if it's still around). I like to get at least 8 years out of my vehicles.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Good morning. Unfortunately the 2013 model year will be the last of this generation convertible. There are rumors of a new convertible to be built on the SPA platform but that would be a few years out since Volvo is dedicated to successful launches of the XC90, S80 and S90 first.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
That's too bad, I got to have a convertible, so I will have to look at Audi, BMW, etc.
OR you could get an Inscription and keep THAT classic for the next 8 years ;) . I'm hoping for a '15 or so, since we'll be looking to swap the '11 by then. I'd likely look at Lexus IF I couldn't get another(would be our 4th 'vert from Volvo) C70/60.

·
Registered
75 Posts
coachrick - too funny - I have an 09 ice white C70 and just got my wife 2013 Acura RDX AWD Tech (forged sliver metallic). Love my C70, first convertable I have owned. Hope the C70 survives to the next generation as I would buy it again.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
coachrick - too funny - I have an 09 ice white C70 and just got my wife 2013 Acura RDX AWD Tech (forged sliver metallic). Love my C70, first convertable I have owned. Hope the C70 survives to the next generation as I would buy it again.
Small world, as they say :) . The '10 XC60 we sold was Electric Silver, but I was ready to go back to white for the RDX(our '01 Tribute and '06 RX330 were white as well). There are many convertibles in my checkered past, starting with a '71 Triumph TR-6(white!). As My Darling says, "Life's too short NOT to own a convertible". Unfortunately, we just 'celebrated our 30th day of 100+ degree temps this summer.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I just hope they make the next generation one as wide as the original C70 (interior room) for guys with broad shoulders like me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts