SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed tonight, there is a small tear between the crease on the passenger side rear seat and middle seat. About 1/2 inch long now. The rear seat is hardly ever used, and primarily just have car seat installed on passenger side rear seat. The car seat does not touch the area that has the tear now. Is this a defect that Volvo will repair under warranty? I don't see how the leather could have ripped or cracked, as the car is less than 2.5 years old.

·
Registered
498 Posts
i recommend getting a car seat mat for the future. i'm always worried that the car seat would "stretch" the leather and leave marks

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a similar tear in the same location, also right next to the car seat. I dont think the seat is responsible. My best guess is that it happened when I folded the seats down with the center buckle still buckled (dog harness).

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
There are leather repair experts that may be able to fix it for a fraction of the cost of a replacement. Call your local dealer or any luxury car dealer and they should know someone. We had it done on a leather steering wheel, it looked great.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Please be careful of carseat mats. I had one and stopped using it due to a report that the carseat slides on them and can be dangerous in a wreck. They suggested using a very thin towel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts