SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I upgraded my V70 seats with 2013 seat skins. I have front passenger and driver front seat frames with motors, wire, and air bag for sale. Also the 2006 V70 2.5T front passenger and driver seat skins and foam in tan great condition 92k Miles with no tears, rips, or separations. Head rest also. Not sure of the value but I am willing to take offers. Otherwise, I will most likely scrap.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Whoa awesome! Did you document the process?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Whoa awesome! Did you document the process?

I did not document what I did. There was someone here on SS that did this and had explain what they did with if I remember XC60 seat skins. With this in mind, I have a 2005 V70 T5M66 that I did not like the cloth and leather interior. So I bought a copart 2006 V70 2.5T just for the interior to swap out. I did this but saw that the P3 seat skins could be done so I really like the look of these seat.

I bought 2 P3 S60 T5 front seat and decided to give it a shot. The seat frames are almost identical and work great for switching out the foam and skins. Passenger seat was no modifications at all. The driver seat just need a little foam trimmed on the top back side to fit in the frame. The heating pads plug in the same and no need to change. No need to separate the seat bottom skin from the foam.

The seat back skin will have to be separated from the foam. Cut the hog rings with side cutters one at a time from the bottom up, front side and back side. Oh, removed the lumbar adjuster first. As you work your way up cutting the hog rings you are turning the seat skin inside out. Once all the hog rings are cut the seat skin comes off.

The seat back foam have a few hog rings on the back side that need cut also. This will free up the seat back foam. Do this to both the donor seat and the seat to be reskinned. I got a set of hog ring pliers on Amazon and ordered extra hog rings (100 or 200 count bag if I remember but extras are needed). I worked from the top hog ringing in reverse order until I got to the bottom with all the hog rings in place. Plugged in the heater and reattached seat skin at the seam. Put the head rest in, slipped on the seat bottom and it was good to go. Looks great. Reinstalled the seat and it works as it should.

I am never going to see one of this upholstery people again. It was cheaper to get a whole seat and do this on my own than any upholstery shop could fix a leather seat. It takes a little time but it is not hard. Hope this helps you understand. If I can do it anyone can do this if you can pull a seat out if the car.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
McAlpine here on SS has a great video on YouTube documenting stripping down a seat and putting it back together to replace a heater pad is I remember correctly.

On that note, I have a full upper and lower seat skin that I plan to replace my drivers seat with at some point here when I get the time. For a first timer it's about a weekend day length job I'd guess...

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I did not document what I did. There was someone here on SS that did this and had explain what they did with if I remember XC60 seat skins. With this in mind, I have a 2005 V70 T5M66 that I did not like the cloth and leather interior. So I bought a copart 2006 V70 2.5T just for the interior to swap out. I did this but saw that the P3 seat skins could be done so I really like the look of these seat.

I bought 2 P3 S60 T5 front seat and decided to give it a shot. The seat frames are almost identical and work great for switching out the foam and skins. Passenger seat was no modifications at all. The driver seat just need a little foam trimmed on the top back side to fit in the frame. The heating pads plug in the same and no need to change. No need to separate the seat bottom skin from the foam.

The seat back skin will have to be separated from the foam. Cut the hog rings with side cutters one at a time from the bottom up, front side and back side. Oh, removed the lumbar adjuster first. As you work your way up cutting the hog rings you are turning the seat skin inside out. Once all the hog rings are cut the seat skin comes off.

The seat back foam have a few hog rings on the back side that need cut also. This will free up the seat back foam. Do this to both the donor seat and the seat to be reskinned. I got a set of hog ring pliers on Amazon and ordered extra hog rings (100 or 200 count bag if I remember but extras are needed). I worked from the top hog ringing in reverse order until I got to the bottom with all the hog rings in place. Plugged in the heater and reattached seat skin at the seam. Put the head rest in, slipped on the seat bottom and it was good to go. Looks great. Reinstalled the seat and it works as it should.

I am never going to see one of this upholstery people again. It was cheaper to get a whole seat and do this on my own than any upholstery shop could fix a leather seat. It takes a little time but it is not hard. Hope this helps you understand. If I can do it anyone can do this if you can pull a seat out if the car.
That's awesome! I was really thinking about doing this with some black seats, but I think it would look kinda weird with the nordkap everything else. Maybe charcoal xc rear seats and s60 t5 fronts?

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
McAlpine here on SS has a great video on YouTube documenting stripping down a seat and putting it back together to replace a heater pad is I remember correctly.

On that note, I have a full upper and lower seat skin that I plan to replace my drivers seat with at some point here when I get the time. For a first timer it's about a weekend day length job I'd guess...

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk
Thanks for remembering who did the seat skin swap. Was not my original idea, but it worked out great for me.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that even with Nordkap everything but the seats as long as the seats all match, would be just fine. I think with this new to me info that it opens up a lot more options.

·
Banned
418 Posts
2006 V70 2.5T front passenger and driver seat skins and foam in tan great condition 92k Miles with no tears, rips, or separations. Head rest also. Not sure of the value but I am willing to take offers. Otherwise, I will most likely scrap.

Do you know if it would work for a 03 S80 T6? Are you able to load a picture of the skins as I think mine could be Oak rather than Tan? Thanks.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you know if it would work for a 03 S80 T6? Are you able to load a picture of the skins as I think mine could be Oak rather than Tan? Thanks.

I am unsure about S80 since I’ve see very few of these vehicles. I will try to pictures up within 24 hours.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Seat skins and seat bottom foam sold. Still have Seat back foam, 2013 seat frames with motors and air bags, and the 2013 power buttons in the side panels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts