SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a 2013 S60 T5 Platinum in Ember Black/Beechwood with Climate and Technology Packages with wood trim and sport pedals. LDC was 7/31 and should be here mid-October. Got it in preference to Saab 9-5, Jaguar XF, and BMW 528i. Very excited.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. Hope and expect you will enjoy the car. I've had the 2012 T5 for a year and a month now and still look forward to every drive. What are/were you driving prior?

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Congrats on the sensible buy and welcome to Swedespeed!!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Congrats. I love the color combination. The interior is very distinguished. You'll enjoy the car a lot!
I'd like to hear how it compares to your MB C300.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Congratulations. We've had or T5 for 15 months. Just passed 22k trouble free miles. Very happy with our choice. Consistently get good comments and admiration of the car from the public.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome to the family. The ember black is a gorgeous color, you're going to love it for a long time.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just ordered a 2013 S60 T5 Platinum in Ember Black/Beechwood with Climate and Technology Packages with wood trim and sport pedals. LDC was 7/31 and should be here mid-October. Got it in preference to Saab 9-5, Jaguar XF, and BMW 528i. Very excited.
Congrats! Nice color combo too! Out of curiosity because I looked at the C300, what was your experience?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The C300 is probably the best car I've owned, but it certainly isn't the most fun car. It does everything well. It handles well, it corners well, it has sufficient acceleration, and it is solid as a rock. Only downside is the seats (they are hard, which I like, but little bolstering, which is a problem). But it isn't as fun as my 2005 Infiniti G35x, or my 2000 Saab 9-3, or even my 1998 Acura TL. It is the second C-Class I've owned and they are great cars, but just not as fun as I'd like. For example, I bought a T5, not a T6. I couldn't tell much difference in acceleration (particularly with the T5 overboost), but really could tell that the T5 was a torque engine -- power suddenly comes on and vroom. The T6 was great, smooth, steady power curve, etc. -- but after considering the test drives, I realized I had more fun in the T5. I don't want a car to drive perfectly -- I want it to be fun and require my engagement. The C300 doesn't do that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts