1,534 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
"as fuel efficient as the 2012 FWD"

I wonder how much more fuel efficient the 2013 FWD will be?

Higher engine compression ratio
Maximum turbo boost pressure increased by 16%
I wonder if it will require 91 octane now?

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
"as fuel efficient as the 2012 FWD"

I wonder how much more fuel efficient the 2013 FWD will be?
1 mpg better, in the COMBINED cycle rating (CITY/HWY)

I wonder if it will require 91 octane now?
No. 87 is still the required octane rating.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 mpg better, in the COMBINED cycle rating (CITY/HWY)

No. 87 is still the required octane rating.
Awesome, constant improvement+ good product= reason to buy

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Looks like the gear ratios got significantly changed. Overboost must be the reason why it's accelerating even faster now. Maybe it's putting out 325lbs of torque!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Unlikely since the T6 puts out that much. AWD should contribute to a faster time as well. You should be able to get off the line faster and get up to speed because of the added grip and reduced FWD torque steer at launch

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Unlikely since the T6 puts out that much. AWD should contribute to a faster time as well. You should be able to get off the line faster and get up to speed because of the added grip and reduced FWD torque steer at launch
Well how else do you explain that it's 0.5s faster to 60MPH than the 2012 model? For the FWD model that is.

Haldex V, I presume.
Maybe it's as sophisticated as the Haldex system that Lambo uses! *continues to dream* :D

·
Registered
620 Posts
The numbers are conservative. MT tested the t5 fwd at 6.2 secs.

I wonder what these improvements will bring to the T6. Maybe sub 5.5 times?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Not heard of this. Is this XWD?
No. XWD is a Haldex center coupling (Gen IV on) combined with a second Haldex coupling (eLSD) in the rear axle - like on the Polestar S60 concept.

Haldex V is the next generation of the center coupling, which is scheduled to go (or has already gone) into production this year. Primary objectives are weight reduction and higher efficiency. Volvo contracted to buy Haldex V for future AWD models a couple years ago.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The AWD is slower than the FWD by .2 seconds. I believe this is due to the added weight of the Haldex.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Is this the 2.0 4pot... or 2.5 5 pot ?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Its the 5 POT

The Volvo release states a 16 percent torque boost; on the base of 266 that imples 308 (over the current 295) for the available 10 second squirt. A nice bump for sure, but does not seem to be enough to be the sole reason for the quicker zero to sixty times....gearing must be improving as well?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
The Volvo release states a 16 percent torque boost; on the base of 266 that imples 308 (over the current 295) for the available 10 second squirt. A nice bump for sure, but does not seem to be enough to be the sole reason for the quicker zero to sixty times....gearing must be improving as well?
I read it as 16% more turbo boost.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
1 - 20 of 75 Posts