SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When using it in auto mode is the air conditioner compressor always on? I thought I could hear/feel the compressor running even though it was about 60 degrees out. If it is on then why would it be running on a relatively cool day?

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I believe it does as long as the A/C light is on. It will run the compressor as needed. In the cooler months I use the Auto feature but turn off the A/C. No need to be wasting gas running the compressor on cool days not mention the wear and tear.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
The A/C will run even in colder weather to suck humidity out of the air.

The compressor does not run all the time (except in the hottest weather it will cycle on and off) -- just enough drop the air below dewpoint.

The manual mentions this although doesn't explicitly say "The AC will run in cool weather to dehumidify".

·
Registered
403 Posts
I almost always leave the car on auto and adjust temp as necessary, I think it works very well (unlike my wife's CX-9 auto climate). I remember the '93 960 I had in high school (when my parents let me drive it) had an AC OFF button. The logic was you always left it running but you could turn it off and then it was outlined in RED. When it was on, there was no indicator. Sort of confusing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts